Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows 10

This is pathetic if true:

Microsoft dev here, the internal rumours are that early testing revealed just how many third party products that had code of the form

if(version.StartsWith("Windows 9"))

{ /* 95 and 98 */

} else {

and that this was the pragmatic solution to avoid that.
    Link

2. smart.

Xbox -> Xbox 360 -> Xbox One.

Is anyone really surprised?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    This is pathetic if true:

Link
    It's lazy, sure, but considering the Windows naming scheme until 7 I don't think it's pathetic for random companies to have gone that route.

5. Windows 10 confirmed free for all 8.1 Users and free after the first year for all 7 users.

Stream here.
    http://t.co/Wf42cN2rtP
    Last edited by Chux; 21 Jan 2015 at 12:20 PM.

So... what's the catch? Are they assuming people will buy some SaaS offering like Office 365 alongside it?

7. Seems it's free for the first year for 7 and 8/8.1, not free forever for 8/8.1

8. I have no idea. Cnet seems to think it's just to get a huge userbase, since Win8 only had something like 10% market share which is horrible.

Ah, that actually makes sense. Apple and Google have certainly infringed significantly on their home users, and Apple is even starting to make in roads with corporate ones.

edit: I'll take DirectX 12 for free and then start working on disabling as many of the rest of the new "features" as I can.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 21 Jan 2015 at 12:33 PM.

10. lol Yoda talk, system seller.