Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Holy Grails"

1. "Holy Grails"

Games such as Radiant Silvergun, Earthbound and Rez are now not as rare as they seem because they're all easily downloadable off current gen consoles. What I'm looking for are truly hard to find, yet worth it, dare I say classic videogames. Games like Panzer Dragoon Saga. What are the holy grails these days? It's a serious question. You used to pay 300 bucks for Radiant Silvergun, now it's $10 on XBLA... hashtag get the fuck off my lawn

I suppose it boils down to desirability now, as most things can be played through emulators, flash carts, cdrs, etc. Personally, my collection holy grails are home carts of Metal Slug 3 and Garou Mark of the Wolves, although I have both on MVS already, as well as ports on other systems. I'll probably never have them as the older I get the more I think "collecting? Fuck that shit."

Hardware, on the other hand, is another story. I still want a Laseractive with the NEC and Sega pacs. I still want a Virtual Boy. I'll probably never have these things.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

3. I want a Maserati stuffed with Clicquot bottles, with Angelina Jolie ghostridin the whip. Sometimes the wanting is better than the having.

I'm just wondering which videogames are worth the most on eBay these days.

Neo home carts and CIB SNES games, mostly. The $300 for Radiant Silvergun you gave in your example is a drop in the bucket these days.

5. A buddy has one of those pocket NeoGeos. I've seen it. Pretty lame. What about 3D games?

3D games suck, why the fuck would you play those?

7. The graphics are prettier, the gameplay is more sophisticated, and I'm too young to relate to this Samurai Shodown / NEO SNK vs Capcom Millennium bullshit regardless

You're a pretty terrible human being, you know that?

Okay, I'm off to bed, enough of using TNL as our personal late night AIM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
    What I'm looking for are truly hard to find, yet worth it, dare I say classic videogames.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
    I'm just wondering which videogames are worth the most on eBay these days.
    These are two different questions with two different answers.

What's worth the most now is basically just less of what's always been worth the most for the past 15+ years. Then as now, the three factors are Scarcity, Nostalgia, and Internet Hype - none of which depend on the game being good enough to be "worth it". For an example which I personally have, I've seen a page or two which tries to list some rare PS2 games and most of them are the Cave ports. If the trends remain now as it has, I could supposedly sell my PS2 Ibara for triple digits, but I don't think the buyer is spending that much money for the sake of playing it. Technically, it's a lousy port, but it's the only port of the game at the moment and only a few thousand people bought it, so there's your market value.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
    What I'm looking for are truly hard to find, yet worth it, dare I say classic videogames.

Madden NFL 2005