Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 791011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Peaks (Showtime 2016)

1. This is the water, and this is the well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Fucking incredible. He's doing this on television.

3. Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    Fucking incredible. He's doing this on television.
    That everyone, myself included, is so surprised by this proves that all the talk about TV supplanting movies in the wake of Breaking Bad, Mad Men, etc., was a bunch of phooey.

4. Well, yeah. I also don't think that MOVIES ARE OVER just because there are a lot of Iron Mans in the US right now.

5. Last night's was the most conventionally TV episode of the series. It came at the right time--I needed to recalibrate after Got a Light.

Laura "Fuck you, Albert" Dern is incredible in this show. Every scene she's in is riveting. That tense two-minute smoking scene where Gordon and Diane are lost in thought, silently connecting as Tammie uncomfortably shuffles her feet around is the kind of thing rarely seen on television, Golden Age or not. One of my favorite moments of the series so far for sure.

And I still think about her interview with bad Coop and subsequent meltdown at least once a day.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 10 Jul 2017 at 08:56 AM.

6. I literally just came in here to sing Laura Dern praise. She must be one of the most underrated actresses of all time, she is just fantastic in everything she's in.

7. Indeed. Episode 9 was everything I thought it would be. It really put the story into motion. A lot of content in it.

I don't know if I should use spoilers when talking about the story or not since it would be fun to discuss this show in depth but I kinda don't like spoiler tags.

8. Every single time the words "Starring Kyle MacLachlan" appear it is the most beautiful stab in the heart. Without fail.

9. Albert was hilarious.

10. My hope:

Twin Peaks (2017)
    Episode 10

Diane Evans (Laura Dern) smokes cigarettes in silence (58m)