Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Peaks (Showtime 2016)

1. Honestly, it's 2015. You get the people who did True Detective to do Twin Peaks, and they're going to do it better than Lynch wants to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Honestly, it's 2015. You get the people who did True Detective to do Twin Peaks, and they're going to do it better than Lynch wants to.
    zing, qft, and mind blown.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

3. Wait... Sin Nombre was awesome! Is that guy now involved with this??
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. Tweeted by Showtime:

#TwinPeaks pre-production starts now!! Every episode will be directed by @David_Lynch! #Showtime #damngoodcoffee
    And it will reportedly be longer than the previously announced nine hours.
    Last edited by BerringerX; 15 May 2015 at 10:59 PM.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

5. I said this on twitter, but mark my words - this show will not happen. this stuff with Lynch was just the beginning of the trouble.

6. What are you thinking? Is this gonna be like Jodorovsky and Dune? Keep looking for that perfect situation until the whole thing just pops under pressure?

7. I think that their fallback is a Jodo/Dune scenario tbh - way to recoup the inevitable loss this is going to take. Put it this way - a good portion of these actors haven't worked with any regularity since the 90s. There were so many issues with cast members the first time around, I find it hard to believe that everyone is going to settle back in, hunky dory. I think one of the reasons why the show went for as long as it did is that Lynch DIDNT direct the majority of it. It allowed some of the less talented, more method actors (face it - like 3/4ths of the cast) to sort of not have to take on so much responsibility in the show. Not to mention, BOB, Jack Nance, and Major Briggs are dead. Those are three key characters/actors who really added a LOT to the show.

I'm saying this 100% as a Lynch fan, major TP fan, etc. - I just really don't think most people (including the actors themselves, and Showtime) want "Fire Walk With Me: The Series." It sounds good from the sidelines and I'm sure a lot of them are hyped to have work again, but my faith in seeing this project come to term is waning.

8. To be honest, I would rather Lynch was making something original than this revival, but I just need him to be making something other than music. Whatever it will be, it will be new Lynch. And that will be amazing in some way.

I didn't know there was a doc on Nance! Anyone have it?

9. I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

10. I'm standing by the notion that anybody OTHER than Lynch should be directing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!