Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 24567810 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Peaks (Showtime 2016)

1. I never get the love of this series. 1st season was good, but 2nd is meh. I will watch this though and hope for the best.

2. I've still never watched Fire Walk With Me. Is it on any streaming service? I'd like to watch it before the new series.

3. FWWM is the most Lynchian aspect of the series. It, imo, is a little bit of a tough watch - a lot of trauma is depicted. However, if you haven't watched the series in awhile it may not have the same impact. I watched it twice after finishing the series, and its always a bit if a punch in the gut.

I have absolutely no allusions that this will be good, I'm hoping for watchable. Hopes are not high.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

4. Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    Yeah and you have 20 episodes of James riding around on a bike in between.
    Yes. I hope this whole reboot is about James hanging out at that lady's house, Ben's Civil War toys, and Save the Pine Weasel.

5. First four episodes are already up on Amazon! It was hard to tell if they were going to make the west coast wait for 9pm as well. I still need to rewatch FWWM so I won't be back to this thread for a while.

6. *shrug* eh.

7. I think it's hard to rate something like this without seeing it through. I'm waiting it out for now.
    Boo, Hiss.

8. I watched the first 2 episodes. I think it will be a hard pill to swallow for people who aren't fans of modern David Lynch. It feels much more like Inland Empire and Lost Highway than Twin Peaks.

9. Quote Originally Posted by arjue View Post
    I watched the first 2 episodes. I think it will be a hard pill to swallow for people who aren't fans of modern David Lynch. It feels much more like Inland Empire and Lost Highway than Twin Peaks.
    This so much, Its as if he is purposely making the "Twin Peaks" characters annoying on purpose. Go into this expecting David Lynch, not Twin Peaks. Then again, I still have one more episode to watch so things can change quickly. No matter what, I'm along for the ride.

10. I respect Lynch's work a lot. Loved Mulholland Drive, absolutely adore Blue Velvet. The others I'm on and off with. I know it's so uncool to admit it, but I miss the whimsy and normie aspects of the original series. It's not that I mind the mystical and Lynchian aspects, I just kind of miss the human condition aspects. So far there wasn't really a lot I could attach to, character-wise - everyone is (in typical Lynch fashion) kind of behind glass. sort of spoiler? I wasn't looking forward to this as a reboot. I can absolutely appreciate it as a Lynch piece, it's not terrible or anything of the sort. It's very compelling, it's a great mystery so far. But, I miss the humanity of the original. *shrug*