Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Games so nice, you had to beat them twice (or thrice) (or four times +)

1. Treasure Games so nice, you had to beat them twice (or thrice) (or four times +)

What games have you beaten more than once?

For me:

Resident Evil 4
    Bioshock
    Half Life 2
    Jet Grind Radio

There's more but I can't remember. I don't think I've ever beaten any RPG twice, even though I love the genre

2. Threads of Fate
    Tower of Guns
    Ouendan/EBA series
    Any 16-bit platformer I liked enough to beat the first time
    Doom and Doom 2

RPGs are just too long. I've gotten to FFIII's World of Ruin several times, but never cleared it more than once.

I've beaten Mega Man over 20 times these past few months (let alone lifetime) and Mega Man 2 possibly more times.

The RPG I've played the most is easily FF7 with multiple completions on both the PS and PC versions.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

Bioshock Infinite
    Lunar 1 and 2 on sega cd
    SOTN
    Gungrave 1 and 2
    Metal Max Returns on snes
    Dead Rising

I have maxed out the counter at 99:99:99 in FFVII more times than I'd care to admit. I have played through all tyne Metal Gear Solid games so many times that I legitimately can't even tell you how many anymore.

We are leaving shooters and fighters off this list, yes? If not I have a story for you about the Giga Wing games.

6. I've played through the main quest of Skyrim twice and done pretty much all of the content a few times across a bunch of different characters. I don't know why but i can always pick up Skyrim and have some fun with it.

I think i'm upto new game+++ in Rogue Legacy. It has perfect platforming controls and fighting shit is fun in it.

I rarely bother finishing games at all these days though.

7. I finished most 8 and 16 bit games multiple times, but from a more modern perspective I'd say Ninja Gaiden on Xbox is the game I've beaten the most times.

All of them? If a game isn't worth playing twice it probably isn't worth playing once.

I'm going to cut my list off at the 32-bit generation, because multiple play throughs was the norm for me before that:

• Castlevania: SotN
    • Gears of War 1 & 2
    • Mass Effect 2
    • Plants vs. Zombies
    • Resident Evil
    • Sly Cooper 1 & 2
    • Tomb Raider
    • Uncharted 1 & 2

I'm probably missing some that I'll remember later. Basically, if there aren't multiple versions or bullshit forced replays for the hardest difficulty, I'm probably not playing it twice when I don't even have time to play everything I'd like to once these days.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 12 Oct 2014 at 04:53 PM.

10. I know this isn't a popular game around these parts, but I found Skies of Arcadia to hit the sweet spot for me. I beat it twice on the Dreamcast, and one more time on the Gamecube.

I also beat Illbleed, on the Dreamcast, twice...that game was too odd for me to put down.