Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Need Better Drum Sounds

Oh, here's what that Robot Army song ended up as. https://quarantines.bandcamp.com/track/robot-army

2. I haven't used it in ages, but Reason has crazy in-depth acoustic drum modelling. Pretty sure it's on Mac too and you can find a copy to "ship" pretty easily.

Hoobastank sure does come up a lot when searching for Reason.

4. Uhh, you are never going to get that "live" feel with samples, ever. Can you drum at all? The best you could hope for is lay down tracks SUPER budget, and gate your hits with a decent drum patch. Most decent sample libraries will have many many strengths of drum hits, so I don't think that will really be your problem. I would just say accept that you are playing with Hal 9000 and embrace it.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

I know of more than one record with 100% replaced drums that say poo-poo on that. You might be surprised!

And yes, I can drum pretty alright. I just don't have the easy access to a studio that I used to have, nor do I have a drumset. I used to just slip individual hits from my sample library for my "live" drums, but my sample library was lost in the Crash of the Moons a while ago.

6. Knowing Robot Army was born in chip tunes makes sense.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Most Quarantines songs were.

Josh sure does crash a lot of hard drives