Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Happy (Not) Mortal Monday

1. Sounds like the 32X version is the way to go, the Genesis one is just fugly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. sounds like the 32 excels at what genesis and nintendon't

3. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Used to play that and SUPER HIGH IMPACT FOOTBALL at the local YMCA growing up. One or the other eventually got swapped out for Steel Gunner, which was the best.
    Split between our two different YMCA locations, we had Super Play Action Football (BARF), Tecmo Super Bowl, Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball, Star Fox, and Turtles in Time.

They also had a Gauntlet arcade machine set to free play.

Tennessee YMCA wins. Flawless victory.

4. That's cool, we had an NBA Jam 4p cab in the house.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    sounds like the 32 excels at what genesis and nintendon't
    The 32X is what Genesisn't and does what Nintendon't.
    For some lame reason MKII's Genesis version is missing the crouching low punch.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog
    I wonder how that that add-on would have turned out if they launched it a year earlier and scammed a (nearly) arcade-perfect SF2 Turbo out of Capcom somehow.
    I wouldn't have minded a 32X CD + cart combo version of Super SFII. Putting both a SCD and a 32X on the Genesis gives it 10 Mbits of RAM- not exactly a PCE arcade card but still a jump over the SCD's 6 Mb. Sadly all the 32X-CD combo got was FMV games, though Corpse Killer looks alright- like a zombified Area 51. It's got light gun support (only the Saturn version lacks that, and the 3DO version fails to mention that it DOES support it).

MK 1 on the PC was damn awesome. Take the good parts of the Sega CD version, make it even closer to the arcade, and no Shang Tsung freeze there.

That's true. The mk2 pc port was boss too.

7. The 2011 MK's deadpool fatality is really badass, with the way the loser is gasping and struggling to get out. MK2's deadpool looks E rated in comparison.
    One thing would've been interesting for a rare occurrence: Maybe 1 out of 20 times have the loser actually get to the floor (dripping a little blood) only to choke out one last gasp and face-plant onto the tile leaving a splattery mess.

8. Mortal Kombat 2 trumps because I was ten at the time, and that's about the right age to appreciate Mortal Kombat. The nostalgia is baked-in.

9. There's a Mortal Kombat X prequel comic coming from DC just like Injustice had.

10. Heads-up: MK Komplete Edition is $4.99 on Steam for the Halloween Sale, for the next 42 hrs. & 25 mins.