Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3D Realms Anthology (PC)

3D Realms Anthology (PC)

Quote Originally Posted by Eurogamer
    3D Realms has returned five years after shutting its doors in May 2007.

To celebrate its relaunch, the studio has assembled a 3D Realms Anthology consisting of 32 classic games along with a "re-rockestrated soundtrack". This bundle will ordinarily sell for $39.99, but is half off at $19.99 for the next 48 hours. More on that later.

This new and improved 3D Realms includes original founder Scott Miller along with new additions like CEO Mike Nielsen and vice president Frederik Schreiber, CEO of Interceptor Entertainment.

3D Realms is mostly known for the Duke Nukem series, which it left in shambles when Gearbox purchased the rights to Duke Nukem Forever, a game it released. But 3D Realms also published Wolfenstein 3D and produced Max Payne and Descent - whose developer Parallax Software later spawned Saints Row studio Volition.

As for the 3D Realms Anthology, it contains the following titles and can be purchased DRM-free at the studio's official site.

Arctic Adventure
    Bio Menace
    Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold
    Commander Keen: Goodbye Galaxy
    Commander Keen: Invasion of the Vorticons
    Math Rescue
    Monster Bash
    Mystic Towers
    Paganitzu
    Monuments of Mars
    Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure
    Crystal Caves
    Death Rally
    Alien Carnage
    Hocus Pocus
    Major Stryker
    Blake Stone: Planet Strike
    Realms of Chaos
    Pharaoh's Tomb
    Word Rescue
    Secret Agent
    Raptor: Call of the Shadows
    Terminal Velocity
    Wacky Wheels
    Stargunner
    Shadow Warrior
    Wolfenstein 3D
    Rise of the Triad: Dark War
    Duke Nukem
    Duke Nukem 2
    Duke Nukem 3D
    Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project
    Link

2. Looks like a bundle of crap.

3. I remember one of the Blake Stone games being neat and would consider playing those but I'd be better off just buying 'em on GOG. I don't think I want to actually put time into anything else in here, but it would be super nostalgic to poke through.

4. I love a lot of these games, especially the platformers. Terminal Velocity was pretty cool too. Of course a lot this stuff is already available and it's likely just Dosbox packaging.

Soundtrack could be interesting though.

5. I have the majority of the decent stuff on here.

6. Is it 1999 again already? I had as much as I wanted to play of most of this shit on a shareware CD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. I have a few of these, partially due to a few of these games (Alien Carnage, Bio Menace, Monuments of Mars, Major Stryker, and Stargunner) were available for free on 3D Realm's site. I also snagged Duke Nukem 3D for free due to a deal at GoG. I also bought Wolfenstien 3D and the Commander Keen games on Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Is it 1999 again already?
    In before the artist formerly known as Prince.