Page 1 of 17 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Halo: The Master Chief Collection

1. Xbox 360 II Halo: The Master Chief Collection

This is amongst the best collections you can get, all 4 of the mainline Halo games, all the multiplayer maps, access to the Halo 5 multiplayer beta as well as Halo: Nightfall.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	microsoft-announces-halo-master-chief-collection-1409445841156.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	174.4 KB 
ID:	75373

Halo 2 Anniversary cinematics trailer:

Gamersyde also has gameplay of all the campaigns in 1080p/60fps and they all look great. Once I buy this I'll be playing Halo 2 first and then probably 3 to see how much better it looks with the improvements, after that I'd go to 4 and then do the whole thing from beginning to end in some sort of marathon througout the weeks.

Along with Sunset Overdrive, Killer Instinct Season 2, and Forza Horizon 2 the Xbox One has a great 2014 lineup so far.
    Last edited by Will; 13 Nov 2014 at 03:13 PM.

2. How does the multiplayer work? Are all games mechanically the same or is each one different? Like Halo 4 has the loudest, Halo 3 has the items, Halo 1 has the super pistol, etc.? What about ranking systems?

3. The ranking system is similar to Halo 2 so it'll be based on skill, IGN revealed some of that recently:

"Each playlist within Halo: The Master Chief Collection uses an independent skill-based ranking system that is identical to the leveling system from the original Halo 2," the studio told IGN. "The system uses the same exact XP requirements as the original Halo 2; players will earn XP when they win and lose XP when they lose, and total XP will determine their rank. You will have a skill-based ranking per each playlist; we ultimately decided not to have a 'master' ranking across all four games combined, given that player skill and approach varies radically between game chapters.

"Additionally, we’ve also modified matchmaking to use skill detection, which will put players into the fairest matches faster than any Halo game to date," a studio spokesperson continued. "In ranked hoppers, players will be evaluated after each match and can go up or down in ranks depending on how well they perform. Social matches [Ed. note: read: 'unranked'] will also be available for players who prefer a more relaxed play experience."
    As far as the maps go, I'm actually not too sure. I think you can create your own playlists and set of rules within them if you want to whether it be the 6 remade anniversary maps or the Halo/Halo 2/Halo 3/Halo 4/PC ones.

4. Are there unlocks and load outs for Halo 4? I know people hated on that game but I think it is excellent, including the new weapons.

5. I'd assume that if you're playing 1, you'll have a skill rank for 1, one for 2, etc etc. Since 4 had loadouts and unlocks, I'd also think that it'd be similar to how it was originally with just a touch up to the graphics.

Shame it's not Bloodborne though.

6. throw it in the garbage

(60 FPS though, take it out of the garbage)

7. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    How does the multiplayer work? Are all games mechanically the same or is each one different? Like Halo 4 has the loudest, Halo 3 has the items, Halo 1 has the super pistol, etc.? What about ranking systems?
    Rulesets are supposed to be based on the map. So, if you're playing a Halo 2 map, it'll play like Halo 2 played. Halo 3 map, Halo 3 rules.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

8. I noticed some playlists mix up all four games. So is it going to be like, one Halo 2 map, then it switches to a Halo 4 map next in the rotation? That's gonna be weird to play. I mean, Halo 2 and Halo 4 aren't THAT much different but they are different enough that will be weird.

edit: to note I'm only thinking of this because the package is so insane. I really love what MS did with this and didn't expect it at all.

9. The package is nuts. All of the games, all of the extra maps, Halo 1 online without a tunneling service, 60FPS for the price of one game. It's crazy.

I'm sure if you wanted to you could play a H1 playlist, or a H2 playlist etc. I'm also sure that they'll have a grab bag of all 4 games to just break your brain.

10. I just wish this was a Gears collection sad panda