Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1222242526

Thread: This Month's Haul - November 2014

1. It is, but you can't use a gamepad.

2. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    This one is a CRT. It doesn't have the input lag that a flat-panel display has.
    I hate how the market decided LCD was good enough and that flat CRT technology (SED I think?) never came out. Would've been the best thing for gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

3. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    It is, but you can't use a gamepad.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. There's no excuse for the PC game not having controller support.

4. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    This one is a CRT. It doesn't have the input lag that a flat-panel display has.
    Right, but what I'm saying is that I had no lag on my HDTV through the PS2, which just shows how terrible the PS3's handling of PS1/PS3 games is.

And, really, I wouldn't want a CRT in my home at this point. The gaming benefit is negating by having to make room for one of those ugly things again. *heh*
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

5. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    Right, but what I'm saying is that I had no lag on my HDTV through the PS2, which just shows how terrible the PS3's handling of PS1/PS3 games is.

And, really, I wouldn't want a CRT in my home at this point. The gaming benefit is negating by having to make room for one of those ugly things again. *heh*
    I have (2) CRTs in my office. A 32" Sony Wega Hi-Scan and a 27" Sony Wega (SD). I need the SD set for light gun games and the 32" (4:3) is perfect for the Gamecube, PS2 and Xbox in 480p. I use a 52" Samsung LCD in the livingroom, with a PS3, 360 and a moderate gaming PC. It'll be a sad day when my 32" CRT dies, that's for sure.

Yeah, I can understand why some would not want to own a CRT nowadays, but there's no better display for classic consoles than a heavy old CRT.
    Last edited by gamevet; 30 Nov 2014 at 07:31 PM.

6. This is what I have in my game room (not my actual TV). It's 27'' and I love how old consoles look on it, but it is a fucking BEAST. I have it in a corner because it's so damn deep.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4635001261_af9dd36d44_z.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	162.2 KB 
ID:	75601

7. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    This is what I have in my game room (not my actual TV). It's 27'' and I love how old consoles look on it, but it is a fucking BEAST. I have it in a corner because it's so damn deep.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4635001261_af9dd36d44_z.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	162.2 KB 
ID:	75601
    Yeah, that's same model I have in the corner of my office. It's perfect for light-gun games.

I hooked my old Samsung 27 inch in my office last week. Even with having a nice hd set with a xrgb mini the crt is still the best for the oldness.

9. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I hooked my old Samsung 27 inch in my office last week. Even with having a nice hd set with a xrgb mini the crt is still the best for the oldness.
    My Dreamcast looked pretty good on the old 17" VGA monitor I used to have, before replacing the monitor with a 24" LCD on my desktop. I think the Dreamcast looks better on my Sony HD-CRT using S-Video, than what it looks like while using VGA on an LCD display.

10. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    IAWTP.~
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL