Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 313151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul - November 2014

1. Smash Bros Wii U.
    Samus Amiibo.

2. Picked up the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Gamecube Controller Bundle and Pokemon Omega Ruby from Best Buy. A Nintendo Thanksgiving special for the second straight year, and this is the first time since soon after the Gamecube launch that I've held a brand new Gamecube controller.

Also bought the Link amiibo to try out, including with Hyrule Warriors and Mario Kart 8. Maybe what was available was already purchased that early, or stock didn't yet arrive, but I didn't see any of Marth, Wii Fit Trainer, and Villager there. The Link amiibo looks cool as does the Mario Kart 8 racing suit it unlocks.

Edit: Also found a copy of Mega Man ZX at that same BB earlier in the week, bought it for $12 with GCU.

Last edited by Geo; 29 Apr 2015 at 03:45 AM.

3. Try Target I've seen those three there but no where else. They had two Marths, one perfectly fine, one fudged.

You'd think Nintendo could have designed these without awkward translucent supports everywhere. Link looks like he's sitting on a frozen block of piss.

4. I guess you could always pull that out of there and make your own with a toothpick and a dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. The Villager's death defying foot tap even requires them!

Peach is clear but Link's is piss and Fox is blue.

Why?

7. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mario_kart_8_red_case.png 
Views:	98 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	75536Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chronicles-of-Riddick_US_ESRB_FINAL_PS3.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	435.5 KB 
ID:	75537 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	genesis-mystical-fighter_front.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	75539 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	61507_front.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	127.5 KB 
ID:	75540 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1210.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	75541 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ys_SMS_Box.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	75542

All complete except for Mystical Fighter, which is missing the manual.

8. I picked up Far Cry 4 (PC). I've played about an hour of the game so far.

I finally found a copy of Pinball HOF: The Williams Collection ($20)for the PS3. This title is somewhat rare for the console, so the price was about right.

I also picked up Retro Gamer #134. The price is now $13 for a copy in the US. It's a celebration of the Saturn, so it was well worth the price.
    Last edited by gamevet; 21 Nov 2014 at 10:50 PM.

Finally purchased a wired xbox360 controller. I was at best buy looking at tvs. I eventually left because the experience was annoying. The model numbers were in a small font about a foot above eye level. And the neck beard helpers were just trying to meet their commission and would not leave me alone to look up the input lag numbers on my own. One pointed me to the the most expensive LED tv in the size I wanted. The other wanted to show me a plasma. Neither knew anything about the input lag.

I also picked up
    Metal Mech: Man and Machine
    Blaster Master
    Double Dragon
    Section Z
    Little nemo Dream Master
    the adventures of LOLO

black wii controller set to use with my black wii U.

Whole lot, for 55

The store I got Metal Mech ad Section Z at was also annoying. While I was browsing, a 12 year old kid was informing his other 12 year old friend of his vast video game knowledge. Explaining what a nes was and how he owned every Nintendo system except for the one before the nes that he couldn't remember. And The cashier felt the need to instruct me on correct nes cart care and the history of nes cart care. Which I guess worked in my favor because he cleaned the cart pins for me.

I'm becoming an old man. I kind of hate shopping now. Other people are so insufferable. And everything is so expensive. And there is just so much blind consumerism and whoreism. I mean, does there really need to be 200 different bits of batman mirch i a store? Batman bath sets, 10 separate toy lines, candy sets, radio toppers, pez dispensers, on and on.

(I think some of this comes from the interet and having a job. You go to work, you don't deal with this shit. You come home and check your websites, you don't deal with this shit. Play games, don't deal with this shit. Watch netflix, don't deal with this shit. Then you go out 6 weeks before christmas and its just a god damn onslaught of rabid consumerism.)

10. This is definitely the worst time to go to b&m stores.