Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2014-2015 Major League Baseball Hot Stove Thread

1. Colin Cowherd said it best the other day

People don't really care that football is getting longer, that the NBA is getting longer

There's just not enough action in MLB. And he wasn't talking about HRs (he thinks that's kind of boring and I agree with that). Smaller pace of play changes aren't going to move the needle.

2. Games are an hour longer than they were in the 1980s. That's crazy. Red Sox-Yankees games top 4 hours as a matter of course.

So like what's going on? If I turn on the 1983 World Series where games were around 2.5 hours apiece what's the big difference? I feel like this isn't something that's hard to figure out.

By the way I think the NFL will get to a point where people start complaining about game length. As is there are frequent 10-20 minute periods where it's just people standing around looking at stuff. It's like a Metal Gear game.

3. I don't think these new rules address the pitch clock, right? Maybe I will read them again.

yeah, they don't...I just think these other tweaks, while good, won't put much of a dent in that extra time. They need to start pitching and stop acting a fool

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Colin Cowherd said it best the other day

People don't really care that football is getting longer, that the NBA is getting longer

There's just not enough action in MLB. And he wasn't talking about HRs (he thinks that's kind of boring and I agree with that). Smaller pace of play changes aren't going to move the needle.
    That's bullshit though. People do care that the NFL is getting longer, especially because the reason is the increase in flags, and no one should care about the NBA at all.

I like most of these proposed rule changes for baseball. I've heard Cowherd claim that MLB isn't even a national topic anymore, which is ridiculous.

Also, I have to thank Brisco and Joust for keeping my team from being more embarrassing:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen-shot-2015-02-20-at-5-54-11-am.png 
Views:	136 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	76101

edit: You know what games haven't gotten longer? Soccer. The NFL needs a running clock.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 20 Feb 2015 at 02:49 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    no one should care about the NBA at all.
    It's tough to let this one slide. This is nuts. The Association is so good now. Tons of stars all over the league, lots of good teams, and incredibly excellent team ball is all over the place. Even the pantywaists who stopped watching because Iverson had tattoos are back.

6. That chart hurts so much, Yoshi.

7. A-rod shows up early for Spring Training and of course its a circus! I love it.

Mets with their first injury out of camp (Duda mild oblique strain..day to day).

That top headline is awesome.

9. Josh Hamilton met with MLB officials today. Some serious stuff it seems.

A major league executive told FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal that Josh Hamilton's coming disciplinary action is not for performance-enhancing drugs.

The executive said it's "worse" than that. Hamilton was summoned to New York City on Wednesday for a hearing with MLB officials and the Angels are said to be bracing for penalties. It's silly to speculate before more information is revealed, but we must note that Hamilton has a well-chronicled history of drug and alcohol addiction. This is trending in a very concerning direction. Anaheim owes the 33-year-old slugger $25.4 million in 2015, $32.4 million in 2016, and another $32.4 million in 2017.

10. In today's MLB what could be worse than HGH?