Page 23 of 55 FirstFirst ... 91921222324252737 ... LastLast

Thread: Overwatch

1. The best thing about the new update, is the stay as team feature. That 20%xp bonus is damn nice.

I lucked the fuck out last night. 3 loot boxes in a row, I received Yeti Winston then Nutcracker Zenyata, and then Reindeer Roadhog. I'll probably get nothing but sprays for the rest of the event.

2. Stay as a team is rad, you can wreck shop in 3v3.

Outside of Lucio in a Hat I'm getting avatar icons and repeat voice lines for as far as the eye can see right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Since I received that Yeti skin, I've been trying to learn Winston, FUCK. I just can't get the hang of him, I get absolutely wrecked in every situation. Does anybody main with him? I need help.

4. I don't main with him, but it might just be how you're playing him. He's not a tank who goes toe-to-toe with everyone and walks through incoming damage like Rein or D.Va nor does he really have the damage of Roadhog. He's more somewhere in-between Zarya/Sombra as a distraction/chokepoint breaker who can change the flow of the fight without being an obvious killing machine.

As Winston the goal is usually to get into a group that has hunkered down somewhere to protect a point/payload or created a certain chokepoint, create space for your team, and then get back out. Repeat. If there's someone weak he can chase a bit but his lightning gun tends to tickle and has such short range that you don't want to be the first line of assault for anyone tough or mobile enough to stay out of range like Pharah/Soldier. So generally you're going to leap in, drop a shield to prevent snipes/getting ranged/hooked or to funnel the enemy team a certain direction, shock some people, and then back off again until their defensive position crumbles. His ult is, again, not really a killer like most characters but it provides an obvious large distraction for the enemy team that can keep them off balance to allow the rest of his team to get through or clean up.

Here's a video of someone picking apart a round of Winston play to explain what you should be looking for and which plays he made were bad and which were good and why.

5. Near as I can tell from a few hours with him: Winston is all about launching into the middle of a group and making them scatter, gives the rest of your team cover to attack. Put up a force field in the middle of a crowd of baddies, their shots get stuck and your team can fire away.

The lightning gun is good for catching characters who are hard to aim at, and taking out turrets from around the corner. The ultimate is hard to direct, I just aim at a group and push people around-- you can knock people into pits with it, which is great fun when they're on a bridge.

6. I just love the fact that Winston's ulitmate is literally him going ape-shit.

7. I think my main problem is I'm approaching him like I would another tank. I play a lot of Reinhardt, so I kind of expect Winston to be able to take at least SOME damage. I feel like he needs a rework like Symmetra, he either needs some increased damage output, or some increased health. I'm not giving up on him just yet.

8. I think that maybe he needs to way to make the shield explode for damage?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    I think my main problem is I'm approaching him like I would another tank. I play a lot of Reinhardt, so I kind of expect Winston to be able to take at least SOME damage. I feel like he needs a rework like Symmetra, he either needs some increased damage output, or some increased health. I'm not giving up on him just yet.
    Hes considered pretty good, sym was unplayable.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

10. Winston's biggest issue is that he isn't as good overall as Rein and D.Va in the face of the Ana meta. He's more balanced than they are and likely just needs a slight tweak (maybe a couple more damage to his melee or something to make him viable in more non-dive comps) in combination with a slight nerf to Ana's grenade healing and/or a buff to Sombra. A rework would probably be over the top.