Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Overwatch

1. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    Plus there is a guy whose weapon bounces off walls. That was like the number one reason unreal tournament was fun.
    I'm pretty sure the ripper is the one weapon in UT99 that isn't good. That game was crazy, every weapon could win.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

2. Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    I'm pretty sure the ripper is the one weapon in UT99 that isn't good. That game was crazy, every weapon could win.
    Flak Cannon all day.

3. ripper was really satisfying when you legitimately aimed it off walls

Flak cannon was great. All the guns were good.

5. I never saw that much flak except some spam that got mowed down... People could still kill with it though. A surprise secondary direct hit will end almost anything. It's a way better Bio-rifle.

Low ping mini-gun was unstoppable. Sniper rifle also destroyed. Both hit scan.

RL in single shot was great for bouncing people around in DM and any 1v1s. Spam the multi-shot in CTF..

Pulse rifle I never got better than decent with, but when a high level player kept working me with it and explained the saw mechanic on the secondary beam I respected it a lot more.

I think the ASMD shock rifle is probably the most fun gun ever used in a game. Setting up moving combos and hitting them was amazing. All three fire modes were really useful.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

6. I think I always used Alt-Fire Flak.

7. I was playing the TF2 Halloween maps last night. It's probably some of the dumbest shit I've played in a game, but that's TF2 now. I want to play a casual FPS with solid mechanics yet isn't a dumping ground for every idea the studio has, good or bad. I hope this turns out well.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    Anyway it looks like Blizzard is going to hit the multiplayer fps genre as hard as they have hit every other genre they've taken down. I have full faith this is going to be the best game. It looks awesome.
    I don't disagree this game looks really fun, but I'm a little less confident anything they get their hands on will be gold. Is that Heroes of the Storm fun yet? -last time I checked it was a tepid, voice-less, and somewhat self-disparaging LoL clone. (no really, have they made significant improvements? I want to like it)

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I was playing the TF2 Halloween maps last night. It's probably some of the dumbest shit I've played in a game, but that's TF2 now. I want to play a casual FPS with solid mechanics yet isn't a dumping ground for every idea the studio has, good or bad. I hope this turns out well.
    Do you have PvZ: GW yet?

10. I have it, it's good, but maybe not as good as TF2.