Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Overwatch

1. But maybe we could Paragon together?

2. I don't know, I haven't played beta yet, but the gameplay footage doesn't look that fun. Or at least, to be fair, it doesn't seem to feel like what I was expecting from the characters and animation when presented more discretely. I thought (and it may be, this is just my initial impression) that the game flow would feel more deliberate and evenly paced, like a GoW match, and less...computer FPS twitchy?

3. It is very fast paced, though I think it's partially dependent on who you're playing as. Some of those characters have a good way of locking down an area as opposed to the more generic characters like Tracer and Widowmaker who are just run and shoot.

Shame they had to remove gamepad aim assist on PC because of exploiters, I still don't have a great m&kb setup for my couch.

4. Open PC beta started today, goes through the weekend.

5. I'm ready to go this weekend with a couple friends.

conrooks#1770

6. This is so much fun. Fighting against Junkrat, Roadhog, and Pharah irritates me but everything else is great.

7. This is like TF2 without 10 years of dumb shit bolted on.

8. This game is good. I love trying to get play of the game with friends. It's pretty fun. Still going through the characters but I'm leaning on Pharah and Bastion so far. Its easy to see that most characters thrive on specific maps and play modes.

Not enough people want to play support yet, either. I have no problem going with Mercy or Lucio. They're both a ton of fun to play as! I'm sure people will be getting better as the game progresses. You can see grizzled TF2 players a mile away in here. Get a couple like-minded folks and its real easy to win right now.

9. I liked playing as the heal character, the chick with wings.

I am sure Blizz purposefully designed some of these people to play exactly like the TF2 counterparts.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I liked playing as the heal character, the chick with wings.

I am sure Blizz purposefully designed some of these people to play exactly like the TF2 counterparts.
    I tried her when I saw that my team didn't have any support characters and I did really, really well. I've never played a healer in a game like this so it was an interesting gameplay change. Felt way different to keep an eye on my whole team and run around behind them to heal and give damage buffs. When things got crowded I could throw out some melee hits to take someone out or to fend someone off long enough for help to come in. Love how the game looks too.