Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2456781020 ... LastLast

Thread: Overwatch

1. Finally got around to playing this today after having missed or forgotten about previous betas. It's alright. Some heroes are definitely more effective than others so it could use some balancing work in that department, as well as in the maps themselves. The team on defense always seems to have a noticeable advantage on most maps, but on some that goes through the roof. There are maps in this stage of development still lacking forward spawns once the offensive team caps a checkpoint. That's insane. Heroes like... um... that dwarf guy who is the engineer man? Seem just nuts on the Defense end of attack/defend maps as well. This probably isn't anywhere near the issue it is when playing with a full or mostly full group of friends who are actually coordinating and communicating, but pickup games suffer greatly.

I also worry about the skill ceiling. It's way early to tell but the most immediate comparison is Pharah to Soldier. Rocket jumping is damn near a discipline but she just gets to glide. Hopefully there's more too it than appears on the surface.

I DO dig the immediate access to all abilities without weapon switching though. Jesus fuck, why is that so hard to do in other games? Makes things feel way more fast paced.

It really is Blizzard TF2 though, and that was immediately clear the first match we got into today when two of our teammates stood in spawn jacking off the whole match. Wheeeeeeee!
    So I forced my hands in my pockets and felt with my thumbs and gallantly handed her my very last piece of gum.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    This is like TF2 without 10 years of dumb shit bolted on.
    Right? I've been having fun with it.

3. I completely forgot about the beta, so I only got a nights worth of play in. I mainly played as the robot hippie dude, and i had a lot of fun healing but still getting kills. Bastion seems a little OP, but it's pretty crazy how well balanced most of the characters are considering how differently they all play.

4. Bastion is OP with so many new players. Once people get even a little more experienced he's pretty easy to counter.

5. Yes. Bastion is good for hiding in a doorway and covering a point but if he's out in the open, he gets eaten alive by Pharah's rockets, Hanzo's dragon, Widowmaker, etc. Junkrat's special puts Bastion players on notice too. The game really does give you so many different, interesting tools to break a match wide open.

I love this marketing.

7. Very cool. 4 more days!

8. It's weird, I'm getting more and more hyped for this as time goes by. I caved in and preordered it.

9. Everyone going PC for this?

10. I am. Still wish I had a good couch setup for my mouse.