Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 818202122232426 ... LastLast

Thread: HBO series: Westworld

1. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Yeah, you’re both just wrong.

And Abrams is jut an executive producer on this, he has almost nothing to do with the show.
    It’s his team. They did the whole switching between time thing in Lost, which often left you wondering if it was past or present, except this time they didn’t reveal it until the final episode of last season.

2. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    It’s his team. They did the whole switching between time thing in Lost, which often left you wondering if it was past or present, except this time they didn’t reveal it until the final episode of last season.
    Except it's not. It's Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy's show and team, and they had nothing whatsoever to do with Lost.

If you insist on comparing it to another show JJ Abrams was a Producer on, its team makeup is similar to Person of Interest
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Person of Interest turned into some good tv.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Person of Interest turned into some good tv.
    You’re not the first person I’ve heard say that. Maybe I should check it out.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

5. I've never watched it, but it looked bad in all the promos. Like, Canadian network TV bad.

6. It started out pretty normal network tv (read: dumb), but shifted gears near the end of the first season.
    There isn't a lot of tv I like, but I liked that one.

7. Yeah, the first season of Person of Interest was rough until the end when you saw where the plan really was for the show. From that point forward it was excellent though.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. That was fuckin intense. There’s some holes here and there but overall that episode was fantastic.

Philosophical notes: my husband’s grandma has been suffering from Alzheimer’s for the last few years and was recently put into a nursing home about 2 blocks from us since she can no longer take care of herself in any capacity. The part where Delos was in the underground compound, repeating the same thing day in and day out and degrading to this terrifying physical and mental mess was like.....so eerily similar to the patients in the nursing home, it was weird. Like, the connotation that if we do somehow achieve immortality via technology (ie San Junipero), there’s going to be endless compounds of people’s minds repeating the same tasks, day in and day out, until the machinery degrades. No one maintaining them, no one visiting them, just abandoning these glitchy, degraded messes. We’re going to create the same issue we have with our elderly: leaving them to rot somewhere. It just all hit me in this abstractly depressing way and I’m having an existential crisis.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

9. So who was in the red pearl Ford sent Bernard to get?

I think it might be that new daughter.
    Last edited by bbobb; 14 May 2018 at 04:04 AM.

10. Actually, the more I think it’s probably Arnold.