Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: HBO series: Westworld

1. Not sure what I thought of that premiere episode.

2. I actually watched it. It was great... lots of simple set up, character introductions and the world was established well. They made just the right amount of deal out of the "can't kill a guest" rule. Ed Harris' character was great psychotic fun (as was the disturbing milk mass-murder scene... "You're a growin' boay"). I couldn't help but think of Data a lot of his themes in Star Trek TNG during the episode (which isn't a bad thing). I will def watch more.

Is Ed Harris an android? He couldn't be killed, but seemed strangely obsessed with figuring out the insides of the androids (maybe he's just becoming self aware or a part of some corporate espionage?)

Obviously (theory here, but may spoil) they reveal one of the Westworld workers was an android all along *DUN DUN DUNNNNN
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I actually watched it. It was great... lots of simple set up, character introductions and the world was established well. They made just the right amount of deal out of the "can't kill a guest" rule. Ed Harris' character was great psychotic fun (as was the disturbing milk mass-murder scene... "You're a growin' boay"). I couldn't help but think of Data a lot of his themes in Star Trek TNG during the episode (which isn't a bad thing). I will def watch more.

Is Ed Harris an android? He couldn't be killed, but seemed strangely obsessed with figuring out the insides of the androids (maybe he's just becoming self aware or a part of some corporate espionage?)

Obviously (theory here, but may spoil) they reveal one of the Westworld workers was an android all along *DUN DUN DUNNNNN
    Ed Harris is def a human. One theory is he is the main character from the original westworld movie and that is the incident from 30 years ago. Probably not going to be true but would be awesome if it was.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Oooooo interesting call. I mean he couldn't get shot so I'm assuming he's human, but like, why would he be obsessed with the robots then? Wouldn't he know it was a fantasy if he was human? IS HE A ROBOT WHO THINKS HES HUMAN BUT HES ACTUALLY A HUMAN WHO THINKS HES A ROBOT?

Anyway, I cannot wait til Sunday to see more.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

5. This was really fucking good, I loved every bit of it.

I initially though Ed Harris was a rogue host, but now I'm not so sure. He told Delores he'd been coming for 30 years, and the last glitch the park had was 30 years ago. He scalps the card dealer and finds the map, I think he's aware of the creator's master plan, and is trying to sabotage the park.

6. Yeah, I think he is human and has some relation to Anthony Hopkins character and he's trying to find out what the real goal of the park is since it's been outright stated that there is more to it long term than just a theme park.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. A friend of mine mentioned that maybe Ed Harris is messing with Evan Rachel Wood's programming when he takes her into the barn. She's been around for so long, it seems like she is aware of some stuff but goes out of her way to avoid it in order to survive, and knows what to say in order for the controllers to leave her alone. "Have you ever lied to us?" "No."

The Sheriff malfunctions up in the hills when a fly lands on his face. Because he has the new gestures programmed in based on past, latent "memories"... maybe there is some conflict between wanting to kill the fly and not being able to.

I like that 30 years into whatever future this started in, security forces are still using FN P-90s.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

8. Ya, he's definitely not raping her, maybe installing viruses or something? They did state that she was the oldest host in the park, so maybe she is vulnerable. Also, the Sheriff that first glitched out, when he came in for analysis, he was covered in blood and had been scalped too.

9. I assume that was their doing to get at and diagnose his brain though (I think him being scalped by Harris would definitely have been a scene they shot and showed with some purpose behind it to show a pattern). I really enjoyed the cannibal cult persona Joe went in to with Hopkins... that actor really pulled off all of those different characters and emotions well.

I like sedition's theory about the sheriff malfunctioning—makes sense a logical conflict would seize up a machine.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 05 Oct 2016 at 04:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

10. Yeah, the theories here are great. I really don't have any yet, and I don't remember the original movie that well. Gotta rewatch it soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread