Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: HBO series: Westworld

1. is that guy's "friend", his girlfriend's brother?
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

2. There wasn't much exposition to their relationship except white hat being the reserved quiet type and black hat being the loose hedonistic type. Did anyone else get the vibe that the little kid following Ford around Westworld was himself as a boy? Creeeeepy.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. Oh yeah totally. that was definitely a mary/gary sue character. I mean, why else would there be a little kid in the middle of nowhere, by the elevator?

also what if ed harris finds the elevator :0
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

4. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There wasn't much exposition to their relationship except white hat being the reserved quiet type and black hat being the loose hedonistic type.
    When they get off the train and the guy is being reserved the other guy says, "What, It's not like my sister didn't ride her share of cowboys when she was here."
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

5. Ahh I didn't make note of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. Just stopped in to say that the parallels between this show and the narrative in Adam Curtis' HyperNormalisation (see just watched thread) are intensely similar.

It was interesting to see the Sims-like level of interaction between the hosts this episode. The mentioning of Arnold was a smidge weak, but seeing Anthony Hopkins go dad nuts on that dude that kind of insanely awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

7. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    seeing Anthony Hopkins go dad nuts on that dude that kind of insanely awesome.
    Ya they really emphasized the fact that they aren't people, they feel no shame, and you SHOULD NEVER FORGET THAT. Every host analysis they've shown, the hosts are butt ass naked, but Dolores is always fully clothed. Hmmm.

Also, I really hope they don't pull some Lost level bullshit with this show. The T Rex roars from the last episode gave me some major smoke monster vibes, and that ain't cool.

8. I'm not worried about it going Lost. Jonathan Nolan did Person of Interest which had all kinds of crazy shit and things were teased in the first year that didn't get resolved for many seasons but it all came together perfectly.

I expect he'll do just as well on this one.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

9. I fell asleep a couple of times this episode, and once in last episode. This show is ok, I am just not that intrigued by the premise.

And Teddy is the new Kenny.

10. I've fallen asleep during every episode, but I dont feel like it's a bad show or anything- quite the opposite. Even on repeat viewings I get about 40 minutes in and zzz. Must be something subliminal going on.