Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2456781020 ... LastLast

Thread: HBO series: Westworld

1. It is definitely a quality show, and glad I am not the only one dozing off. I guess I am not as intrigued about AI/evolution angle. I did like Ex Machina a lot though. I missed Deadwood more than I realize because I wish it is just a straight Western.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    Every host analysis they've shown, the hosts are butt ass naked, but Dolores is always fully clothed. Hmmm.
    I think that's only with Bernard. Partially (I think at least) because he's talking to her in secret. She's supposed to be in Westworld ("We better get you back before anyone misses/notices you") so it looks like he's pulling her when she's been all prepped to go back upstairs. There's no need for her to disrobe, it would take more time for Bernard to get her and put her back.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    I think that's only with Bernard. Partially (I think at least) because he's talking to her in secret. She's supposed to be in Westworld ("We better get you back before anyone misses/notices you") so it looks like he's pulling her when she's been all prepped to go back upstairs. There's no need for her to disrobe, it would take more time for Bernard to get her and put her back.
    Ah, that makes sense. Have we seen anyone other than Bernard interact with her behind the scenes?

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I've fallen asleep during every episode, but I dont feel like it's a bad show or anything- quite the opposite. Even on repeat viewings I get about 40 minutes in and zzz. Must be something subliminal going on.
    WTF is wrong with you guys? I'm 42 years old and consume nearly a half pound of weed every day, and I can manage to keep my eyes open. Pssssh.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    Ah, that makes sense. Have we seen anyone other than Bernard interact with her behind the scenes?.
    Yeah she is in there in the typical protocol in the first episode. I don't remember who is talking to her, but it's not a secret Bernard interrogation.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

5. Would it be too obvious if The man in black is Arnold? Yeah probably.

Some theories suggest that William is actually a young version of the man in black; we are seeing an earlier version of Westworld and there is no way to verify the timeline. That seems unlikely.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    Also, I really hope they don't pull some Lost level bullshit with this show. The T Rex roars from the last episode gave me some major smoke monster vibes, and that ain't cool.
    I never watched Lost, but, this might help alleviate some of those fears... maybe not though, it could be some bullshit interview. For me, it's comforting to hear they are making some effort into not just getting to a point they have in mind in the story and saying..."well, we are here... now what? What can we do next?"

7. I literally have no idea how anyone falls asleep during this show, lol. I mean it's quiet I guess but every scene is completely riveting to me.

The Arnold theory....interesting. I could see that working. It's a cool idea, and like we didn't exactly get the story about what happened to him other than possibly suicide by host?
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

8. You're talking to a bunch of old, tired, grumpy, men.

I fall asleep watching shows all the time. I watch The Walking Dead but have always kind of hated it... it put that on a like 1 AM on a workday and I'll be asleep before the intro is over.

9. I don't fall asleep during shows that much unless it's 1am or something. This episode was the most gripping of the series (most action, hosts are getting sympathetic).

The android crushing his own head was pretty solid horror. There's no way Arnold isn't in a robot somewhere and fucking around with things (or maybe a relative of his). The AWOL android smashed its own head to prevent them from learning what it knows... must be a conspiracy.

I bet the young script writer is in on it. He's the most annoying character that he must be evil.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 18 Oct 2016 at 11:34 PM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    is that guy's "friend", his girlfriend's brother?
    Fiancée's brother, yeah.