Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 414161718192022 ... LastLast

Thread: HBO series: Westworld

1. Honestly I was about ready to give up on it, i was really bored by it for the last few episodes. If the finale wasn't any good I probably would walk away at this point.

2. Quote Originally Posted by JBNagis View Post
    I feel sorry for Maeve. She thought she was that chick. But nope. Still a basic bitch.
    That's not how I read it. I think the one rewriting her code is her "Arnold." I think this is how they become self-deterministic. It's still within the framework of "programming" but "Arnold" can alter it.

But she still just followong a narrative. She really thought her choices were her own. But she is still a puppet. I think the choice of leaving or going to her daughter is what will do it for her though.

4. Quote Originally Posted by JBNagis View Post
    But she still just followong a narrative. She really thought her choices were her own. But she is still a puppet. I think the choice of leaving or going to her daughter is what will do it for her though.
    But she is making choices. Arnold is HER. That's the center of the maze.

5. You're both correct though.

Spoilers below! Be warned!

Ford had created an "awakening" narrative for Maeve using loss (in this case the loss of her "daughter") as the catalyst like he stated to Dolores/Arnold/himself was necessary for sentience and behavioural change. From Ford's point of view, strategically, I think the whole point of this narrative was to get Maeve out of the facility for protection. It stands to reason Dolores and others are in grave danger due to the nature of the consciousness initiative. Since the hosts would (obviously) face violent opposition from humans for their declaration of independence having hosts outside of the park serves to aid their revolution from two fronts. I imagine much of season 2 will involve Ford's narrative continuing much like Arnold's had for years after his death.

So basically events were designed to have her get on the train and leave—but her getting off and going to find her kid was a end result of her newly granted free will. I doubt Ford would have approved but that is the rub with free will isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. I saw that as Maeve's first real choice too. She's sitting on that train for 15 minutes debating what to do. The look in her eyes change, her walk changes and the camera work goes handheld as she walks off. Before that, it's always gliding with her.

7. look here, upon a sig graveyard.

8. AIGHHHHHHHHHH
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

9. look here, upon a sig graveyard.

10. look here, upon a sig graveyard.