Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162628293031 LastLast

Thread: HBO series: Westworld

1. First ep of 3rd season wasn't bad. As I've said before, if it's another season of blam blam nonsense, I will not stick with it. But the Nazi park is very intriguing. Existentially, why would anyone go to the park unless they wanted to be a nazi tho? Like, no one is going to choose the Jew option? Unless you can be a resistance fighter? I would choose the jew option, but most normal people wouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

2. Hey I've kind of really been enjoying this season. I don't think anything's stood out as particularly good like in previous seasons, and I've groaned at a bit of it, but I've enjoyed watching future Dolores shoot guns in Singapore.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

3. I'm starting to get a feeling that this is heading towards a Lost like conclusion. It feels like we're getting the female version of Cain vs. Able, because that seems to be where this story is heading. JJ can't help himself.

4. Ummm Abrams isn’t involved in any of the actual running of the show. He’s just an exec producer. Nolan and Joy are the ones behind this show. They’re the creators and show runners. This isn’t going Lost, it’s going Person of Interest, almost identically actually.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. So maybe I missed something, but how many copies are there, and have we seen them all?

6. What else do you think they'll try to gotcha with in the finale?
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

7. This show is still up it’s own butt.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

8. I liked season one but I couldn't get into season 2 at all.

9. Season one felt like full plot arc. Season 2 and 3 are just stuff that happened after, just not in chronological order. I still like the show, but I don't think we'll see another season as good as the first.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    First ep of 3rd season wasn't bad. As I've said before, if it's another season of blam blam nonsense, I will not stick with it. But the Nazi park is very intriguing. Existentially, why would anyone go to the park unless they wanted to be a nazi tho? Like, no one is going to choose the Jew option? Unless you can be a resistance fighter? I would choose the jew option, but most normal people wouldn't.
    That is a really narrow take on it. Action movies since the 40s have sold us on the idea that taking out swarms of Nazis is good action.

I rewatched season 1 & 2 with my wife at the beginning of quarantine. Season 1 is pulled through by its intrigue alone and still holds up a bit but season 2... oof. It’s like the writers room demoted all of its female writers and let the bro’s go unchecked with meaningless perverse action (Picard felt like it had the opposite problem this year).

Season 3 showing the future outside the park was smart but I hope we get let in on some of the games going on. It feels kind of dull and rote they’re choosing to reveal things progressively. If there’s a game going on it’d be much more interesting to know the stances of each player and their attempts to nudge/fix the game. Seeing MIBs consciousness loop was the most memorable part of S2.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 26 Apr 2020 at 04:58 PM.