Page 1 of 30 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official BEMANI Thread 2.0DX: beatmaniaIIDX and Pop'n Music mostly pls

1. The Official BEMANI Thread 2.0DX: beatmaniaIIDX and Pop'n Music mostly pls

Eh, I've never tried DDR, but it seems kinda gay.

Off we go!

Last edited by Compass; 04 Oct 2007 at 07:34 PM.

2. DDR's pretty shitty now, yeah. I'll take ITG or PIU please.

Oh you were really making fun of all dance games? Well fuck you then, you IIDX snob

3. So, out of curiosity, how many people have quit playing IIDX? I started to find that around the time 10th style came out for home consoles I started getting wrist pains after a couple songs. It gets so bad that they keep me up a night. It's pretty much carpal-tunnel syndrome (self diagnosis) and I just can't play anymore.

I can still play Pop'n, but I just don't seem to have much time anymore. I can jump in and still take out a level thirty song or two, but I can't play as well as I use to.

When I was in SanFran for GDC I got a chance to finally play both games in an arcade. Pop'n was great and I actually drew a small crowd. I didn't know the key presses for High Speed for IIDX so I failed miserably.

My gf and another friend basically made 10th their last style to really invest in playing. I'm not sure if there's any way to find out which regulars from here have stopped because most never really declared themselves as ardent players to begin with.

Plus there's probably a few people who started and ended with BMUS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgo
    Oh you were really making fun of all dance games?
    I don't think he was, but I will.

During that Gold location test, the machine was next to two ITG2 units and I got more than I ever wanted to see of it while sitting there all that time. I really don't understand how barhugging and RAPIDSTOMP to barely audible music through arbitrary step charts makes for time and money well spent.

DDR, ITG, PIU; fuck them all.

PIU is fun. For serious.

6. You let your cat on your ASC? Mine always tries to get near it when I'm playing (he likes the odd revving noise of my turntable) so I swat him away whenever he gets close to it.

I just started playing, again. I go a few months not thinking about it, then cram a bunch of RED and Happy Sky play in very suddenly, and repeat the cycle. I just can't play continuously anymore.

7. Quote Originally Posted by dog$ View Post
    During that Gold location test, the machine was next to two ITG2 units and I got more than I ever wanted to see of it while sitting there all that time. I really don't understand how barhugging and RAPIDSTOMP to barely audible music through arbitrary step charts makes for time and money well spent.
    ITG takes dance games to an obscene level of difficulty, because, well, that's the only place they could have taken it. And many people followed. But right around the 8, 9 and 10 foot level of difficulty, ITG is home to some absolutely awesome stepcharts.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    PIU is fun. For serious.
    PIU kicks ass. Best dance game ever.

8. Our Student Union got Pop'n Fever (latest, I think), Drummania version something, Guitar Freaks (l o fucking l) and, much to my pleasant surprise, Radiant Silvergun.

So yeah, I might get into Pop'n a bit.

9. Drummania V2 is awesome. At least, it's awesome while I'm in the "learning because I'm a joke at it new" stages.

So they're doing the same thing as with PS2 HS, with Konami now taking in score records from Gold for use on PS2 Distorted.

Which songs? These ones here.

I guess this means August/September should be when it shows up.