Page 191 of 208 FirstFirst ... 177187189190191192193195205 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 2074

Thread: Official Street Fighter 5 thread (PS4, PC)

1. look here, upon a sig graveyard.

2. I really enjoy watching SFV play, pool C was a blast.

I'm gonna try to make it to one of the Eleague events this season.

3. look here, upon a sig graveyard.

4. Why would Arika waste this much time on an April Fool's joke.

no actually capcom SF characters are shown.

Skullomania incoming!!
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

5. If I had to guess, this is just fodder to get them back in people's minds, right before they announce a brand new fighting game based on their own IP, but plays like EX using this engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

6. Official Street Fighter 5 thread (PS4, PC)

The waifu and I watched a little bit of the SFV tournament on TV the other day. She was... confused.

They're kind of in a bind if they want to grow this to the type of thing where it is viable on a channel like TBS. the problem is that they use so much jargon and the games move so fast they can't really explain it to people who don't know what a safe move is.

She was amused by one of the post match interviews going on about character selection - like why would one character be preferred to another, how are they different, etc?

Bottom line this has a long way to go.
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 10 Apr 2017 at 01:51 PM.

7. You really need to have played the game before watching competitive play. I have little experience with FPS games and was completely disoriented trying to watch an Overwatch tournament.
    I can follow the basics in SFV but I've had to watch lots of supplementary material about even basic game mechanics like meatys, cross-ups, and footsies, to even start to follow.

8. And that's a major problem if they want esports to get as big as they are saying it will.

9. That's inherent to any sport though. You need some knowledge before hand (or someone who knows watching with you) to understand what's happening. Terms get thrown around in broadcasts with no explaination all the time. "Forecheck" is used 50 times in every NHL game and there's no context clue in that word to figure it out on your own. An icing call seems pretty straight forward but there's some weird shit that can keep it from being called.

Capcom Cup has "did you know" blurbs during breaks to explain things (like cross-ups).

10. Debatable. I don't need to know about defensive formations to enjoy a football game, and besides, regular sports have a rhythm that allows for breaks and slowdowns. A fighting game is basically 45 seconds of stuff happening and then it's over.

Plus, really, I would argue that humans can instinctively wrap their head around an athletic competition more than a bunch of bits flying around on a screen. No tiger knees in hockey yet.

I used to watch a lot of Starcraft 2 and it's a lot better on that front. I would imagine a game like DOTA has the potential to be a relatively noob friendly watching experience but probably is bogged down by jargon at this point.