Page 192 of 208 FirstFirst ... 178188190191192193194196206 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 2074

Thread: Official Street Fighter 5 thread (PS4, PC)

1. If they didn't want to expand SF5's watching base they would just keep this shit on Twitch. When you put it on TV and advertise the shit out it during march madness you obviously have a bigger audience in mind. So they need to solve this.

2. Justi started watching some tournament streams with me just because she liked all the hype. Now she knows enough lingo and just asks if something weird happens.
    Boo, Hiss.

3. Yeah a fighting game is more like an MMA match, but at least you can intuitively get into the physical performance of that. You don't need to know all the rules about what moves are legal, or why this hold is so good. For Street Fighter, it's heavier on the technical finesse. I think SFV has been easier to get into as a casual observer than other fighting games, but it's still got a battle to break the general audience. It's more like getting people into watching a chess tournament. It can still be done with a lot of after the fact analysis, but I don't know how far that could penetrate an audience.

4. Official Street Fighter 5 thread (PS4, PC)

MMA is also five minute rounds so there is room for the announcers to talk about that stuff. In one of the matches they were talking about the meter usage and having not played SFV for more than 30 minutes I didn't know what the fuck they were talking about. Like I understand the concept of a meter but have no clue how it works in this game.

5. at the start of the broadcast they had Rip do a short section on the meter and potential usage before the fights started, did you catch that?
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

6. No one is going to go into a "sport" understanding a majority of what is happening... the more you watch, the more you can take in the intricacies. NFL football is pretty obscure to a first time watcher and no one is going to explain it to you.

SFV is pretty easy to understand. Two characters punch each other until one person's life bar depletes. The problem comes in when someone does a V-Reversal near the end of a round where neither character has a lot of life and no one dies.... that is confusing to a newcomer and should be explained.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

7. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    Justi started watching some tournament streams with me just because she liked all the hype. Now she knows enough lingo and just asks if something weird happens.
    she likes the hype? watch some nlbc

8. I have no idea how football works. I don't know any of the rules or care about it at all. I bet I'd be confused if I tried to watch a game.

Football sure has a long way to go! Don't worry, you'll get there someday.

9. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    she likes the hype? watch some nlbc
    Mostly marvel.
    Boo, Hiss.

10. Out of the popular fighting games played now, SFV is arguably the easiest to understand. "A bunch of bits flying around the screen" would be MvC3. That shit is a mess. Epileptic supers, projectiles covering the screen and jumps where the other character is off the screen labeled by a tiny arrow for half the game. Bringing up SC2 is a weird example with how complicated it is. Economy, build orders, the drastic differences between races ("What's all that purple stuff?"). All the upgrades. Plus, until Void the beginning 4 minutes of every game was boring as fuck. That's tough to sit through as a beginner. Then again, baseball is popular.