Page 204 of 208 FirstFirst ... 190200202203204205206 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2074

Thread: Official Street Fighter 5 thread (PS4, PC)

1. I, too, am a man for no seasons.

Getting a new version of the game with a bigger roster and balance tweaks every year or two for $40 is so much better than this incremental nonsense.

2. I really dislike how they do a massive balance change every time a new character comes out. The game you got good at a year ago is no longer the same game at all, that's a big demand to put on an audience.

Marvel vs. Capcom infinite really underlined a lot of the problems with the DLC character strategy. If some kid gets excited about Black Panther being in the game and they want to play as him, they first have to buy the store that the character comes in before they can pick him. Free-to-play is a really stupid sales model for the consumer to begin with, and we now have Pay-to-pay-to-play over here.

They are free to shove their fight money up their ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. How much fight money can one shove up one’s ass?

My mother did not know

4. Approximately 100 per play

5. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I really dislike how they do a massive balance change every time a new character comes out. The game you got good at a year ago is no longer the same game at all, that's a big demand to put on an audience.
    SFIII: Feb '97
    SFIII Second Impact: Oct '97

Champion Edition: March '92
    Hyper Fighting: December '92
    Super SF2: September '93
    Super Turbo: February '94 (!)

It's demanding, yeah, but not unprecedented. It only feels like the new games are constantly being updated because eight months is a lifetime when we were seven years old and is a nap now. SF5 just getting its second update two years later isn't unreasonable.

To your point, there are more egregious examples. MK9 was getting patched every week at launch. You'd wake up and the combos you learned didn't work anymore. It was infuriating. I think Netherrealm still rolls like this.

6. Counter-point: Those updates are titled versions that you can go back to. Years later people are still playing Hyper Fighting or Giant Attack because those particular releases got something right for them. In the current regime, going back to version 1.02 isn't a very clearly delineated thing for a user to choose to revisit, never mind access.

7. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I think Netherrealm still rolls like this.
    With Injustice 2, they've stopped doing knee jerk reaction patches. They let things sit to get figured and what they change usually isn't dramatic.

8. Blanka is pretty damn cool. Lots of options!

9. He's another one of these weird hitbox characters in this game, especially with his alternate costumes.

10. Cody trailer was shown at Combo Breaker. He looks okay, but I was a bit underwhelmed. Knife and leadpipe are his v-triggers by the looks of things, and criminal upper is his CA.