Page 20 of 208 FirstFirst ... 61618192021222434 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Street Fighter 5 thread (PS4, PC)

2. What's the fucking point? This looks exactly the same as the old one. Same meters, same FA, same animations, same specials, same combos.

3. Meh.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    What's the fucking point? This looks exactly the same as the old one. Same meters, same FA, same animations, same specials, same combos.
    Agreed. I never thought I'd ever say this, but I think Street Fighter should take a rest.

5. I'm just not sure what makes this SF5 versus a PS4 port of USF4. Which by the way I would be fine with.

6. Except there is no FA, the animations are so much improved and the only combo of note was the chun air combo thing that is completely different.
    And while the meters are the same, apparently each character can spend meter to go into a power up state that let chun do double fireballs.

I'm not particularly impressed because it looks incredibly slow but to say it looks exactly the same as 4 is just nonsense.

7. I'm not seeing those improved animations. Capcom may say they are but those two are doing all the same shit in the same way they were doing it in SF4. I could be wrong about focus but I saw them charge shit to absorb fireballs, so what is it now?

8. I'm pretty sure that Daigo & Gamerbee haven't been given any significant time to learn the game, so it's not at all surprising that they're playing it very simply. And I'm not seeing anyone absorbing fireballs anywhere in that video.

9. I like the depth in the background and the much improved lighting (the particles with the fire ball close ups are pretty too). This game is so far out from release it's pointless to judge it on anything substantial.

10. It looks like the animations are more fluid thanks to the slower speed, and while there are definitely a bunch of moves that are done the same I saw several new (or new-ish) looking attacks, and even the old ones looked better. The speed will definitely be a turn off for a lot of people, to me it feels more deliberate which I think will be fun.

Like Firstblood said, you can tell that the two of them were feeling out the game as they played. When Gamerbee went to activate his power form or whatever he did a taunt and then another meaningless move right before it. And early in the first round with the fireballs it looked like Gamerbee attempted to focus through one and got stuffed, I didn't notice any other focusing either.

I personally think it looks great and can't wait to try it, but there are SO MANY super bright colors going on that it looks a little washed out in all the videos I've seen.