Page 19 of 208 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Street Fighter 5 thread (PS4, PC)

1. I'll take a SvC 2 over a CVS3, if the KOFXIII team makes it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    no because it doesn't look like guilty gear xrd and also it isn't cvs3
    They do have a LOT of polishing to do if they want to "stand a chance" against GGXrd, even if they use a newer UE. That's why I say "Maybe".

SNK has been too quiet. They probably could live on re-porting their old games, but I'd like to see KOF XIV on PS4/XB1. I'm not so sure they'll go with 2D again, especially after seeing that SNK 2014 calendar.

KOF Maximum Impact Reg. A looks good for PS2, but the arcade one doesn't really push the Taito Type X2. SNK should've gone all out and made MIRA something that would've required a 360/PS3 to port. Now if SNK gave a 2.5D game the same level of TLC that KOF XIII got and made it to really tap Type X3/PS4/XB1 spec, I think they could beat SFV.

SNK is dead. Some company named SNK is just making phone games and pachinko machines these days.

4. A good chunk of the snk team is now part of the guilty gear team.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

5. It's sad to think that there will never be another Capcom Vs SNK 3.

6. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    SNK is dead. Some company named SNK is just making phone games and pachinko machines these days.
    SNK Playmore < SNK.

Retiring the Neo-Geo sooner may have helped SNK avoid going under. Hyper Neo-Geo 64 was a missed opportunity. SNK should have used it to take their 2D to a new level, making it a proper successor to the aging 16-bit MVS instead of putting out FF Wild Ambition and SS64 which looked worse than their 2D counterparts. HNG64's specs show some great sprite abilities that were never tapped- used that way, it could have tided them over until the Atomiswave was released.

At its release, the HNG64 was too powerful for then-current PCs to emulate. Maybe SNK should have retired the MVS when that came out. Official ports would then be the only way to play at home.
    Last edited by gameoverDude; 24 Dec 2014 at 09:24 PM.

7. It wouldn't have been enough. Arcades were already dead in most of the world by then anyway.

8. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    It wouldn't have been enough. Arcades were already dead in most of the world by then anyway.
    Probably one of the key reasons for a lot of emulator use. Arcades being dead = less chance of finding certain titles as they were meant to be.

What if SNK quit arcades in the late 90s and switched to being a console exclusive software developer? One potential scenario could have resulted in KOF'97 & KOF'98 being originally developed for Saturn but using Capcom's 4MB RAM cart, then KOF'99, Garou, etc. starting out on Dreamcast and/or PS2 instead of a MVS release.
    Last edited by gameoverDude; 25 Dec 2014 at 02:08 AM.

9. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_nh78ngaVAO1qd9g7oo2_1280.png 
Views:	442 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	75757 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_nh78ngaVAO1qd9g7oo1_1280.png 
Views:	350 
Size:	1,011.7 KB 
ID:	75758

Vanilla SFIV mods have gone too far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. I would purchase that as DLC.