Page 193 of 208 FirstFirst ... 179189191192193194195197207 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 2074

Thread: Official Street Fighter 5 thread (PS4, PC)

1. I think what Diff wants is a long slow game with lots of downtime where announcers can talk a complete new person through understanding what is going on over an hour or 2. It is way easier to know Team1 is vs Team2 and I want the blue ones to win while I drink my beer.

It is true that fighting games start and end so fast it is hard to know what happened for a new person. It's a burst of action then a ton of downtime. Maybe there could somehow be a system where a match is played live, then it is immediately replayed, with the commentators able to pause and give full thoughts and explanations. Maybe after a set of 5, replay one with details.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

2. I'm trying to see how these games can end up in terms of popularity long term. I think titles like DOTA and LOL have a lot of potential for an audience bigger than the games but right now I don't see fighters getting there.

3. The main audience for fighters is our age, and we've been on this since 1991. Any younger is Smash territory.

I don't like the Esports thing one bit, I think it makes for more By Committee game design. Obsessive rebalancing every month replaces fun and permanence.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 11 Apr 2017 at 11:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I'm trying to see how these games can end up in terms of popularity long term. I think titles like DOTA and LOL have a lot of potential for an audience bigger than the games but right now I don't see fighters getting there.
    I don't understand the lure of MOBAs at all. I've tried a couple times to have people tell me the draw, but still don't really get it. You need to know a lot of details to understand anything besides kills, and you just follow whatever the announcers are saying is important. Obviously I'm not the best judge for what works since they're doing fine, but I can't imagine how anyone who doesn't follow games could watch and enjoy it.

I think fighting games are decent for spectating, you watch characters beat each other up and can see life bars draining. But the full appreciation comes in the details and those aren't easy to grasp as a new person. I don't think ESPORTS fighting games will ever be huge, because in the end you have to care enough to pay attention (you either play, or like rooting for some random player). I think wider broadcasts will catch some people who do care but didn't really have the opportunity to watch, but a majority of people will just move along.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

5. Some pretty good play at Nor Cal Regionals today. Marvel's on now.
    Boo, Hiss.

6. Overwatch and Moba's are painful for me to watch, I can't get into it at all. I think fighting games are pretty easy to understand, but I doubt it will ever hit beyond the audience of people who have played the game. The places the mindgames appear are only apparent if you have had to deal with things similar, without the mind games there isn't much there.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

7. I always thought the first Power Stone was fertile soil that a subgenre of more accessible fighting games should have blossomed from. Maybe add in a few more technical mechanics that would keep high-level play interesting (parries/techs/etc), nerf the 'win button' nature of super forms, and you'd have a good 'easy to learn, hard to master' game that's not too intimidating for newcomers and not hard to follow for onlookers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    I always thought the first Power Stone was fertile soil that a subgenre of more accessible fighting games should have blossomed from. Maybe add in a few more technical mechanics that would keep high-level play interesting (parries/techs/etc), nerf the 'win button' nature of super forms, and you'd have a good 'easy to learn, hard to master' game that's not too intimidating for newcomers and not hard to follow for onlookers.
    Too bad they 'tarded up the sequel and never looked back.

9. Such a disappointment. I still play Power Stone 1 on a regular basis and wish Capcom would rerelease it on Steam. Same for 3rd Strike!

10. I pine for a PSN SF Alpha collection. I'd love it if they took another crack at SFIII, it would be nice to have the first two games while losing the garbage UI of Online Edition.

And yeah, Power Stone 2 turning into Mario Party was the harshest betrayal of the Dreamcast era.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!