Page 182 of 208 FirstFirst ... 168178180181182183184186196 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 2074

Thread: Official Street Fighter 5 thread (PS4, PC)

1. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Anyway, Hero's right about the story mode thing. They dumped a ton of money in to impress folks who aren't trying to play against other people, when that game has always been Mortal Kombat.
    Aging fighting game crowd needs to show off to their kids somehow. Probably the same reason people were clamoring for it in that latest KOF game too.

And anyway I thought most all of us agreed before that the base SFV game was really solid? I didn't latch onto it because my main fighting game buddy hasn't been around for a long time, but I liked how it felt.

2. It's the first fighting game that made me see why people still love SF2T.

Most of college, I was all about fighting games that kept upping the feature sets and speed. If you couldn't do a long combo, or have 5 different supers, or whatever, it was boring. SFV has shown me that a fighting game where each choice counts is a really good time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    Aging fighting game crowd needs to show off to their kids somehow. Probably the same reason people were clamoring for it in that latest KOF game too.

And anyway I thought most all of us agreed before that the base SFV game was really solid? I didn't latch onto it because my main fighting game buddy hasn't been around for a long time, but I liked how it felt.
    The base game is solid, but I gave up on Capcom actually finishing the game. I don't care anymore.

4. It's a fighting game with fighting game characters fighting each other with online play. What needs to be finished? It's certainly just as complete as Super Street Fighter II or Ultimate MK3 or whatever extra revisions of base games we used to get and pay full price for before.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I like bonus shit in SC and Xrd, but it's not like I wrote off the new KI because it only has fighting game characters fighting each other online (also a neat but irrelevant AI teaching mode that I wouldn't miss if it wasn't there).

5. I really like SFV. In my opinion, the gameplay is solid and fun, and the matches are entertaining to watch. I don't need anything else except for them to continue to add to the game and keep it alive. The only thing I truly dislike about the game is Mika.
    I love the Power Glove. It's so bad.

6. I find the bonus stuff in Xrd to be totally fucking useless. Fishing, and a two-hour click-through slideshow? GTFO. If that's what 'complete' means, please keep it.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 05 Dec 2016 at 01:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. "Complete" also entails wait times between online matches of less than one full American minute. Why can't Capcom figure this out? SFIV was a nightmare, too. The match you selected is no longer available.

I like SFV more than I do GG, but I can't justify spending more time waiting and watching "Vs" screens than actually playing the videogame even if I did steal Josh's tech of doing push-ups and squats while waiting.

8. Do you live in the sticks? Sounds like nobody is playing online near you.

The load times are presented badly, it's true.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 05 Dec 2016 at 03:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Do you live in the sticks? Sounds like nobody is playing online near you.

The load times are presented badly, it's true.
    Why is there such a massive wait time though to load up matches though, I remember that early on and then just dropped it.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

10. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Do you live in the sticks? Sounds like nobody is playing online near you.
    Matchmaking is a slog no matter where you live. It was unacceptably broken at launch and has only gotten marginally better since.

If I'm checking my phone between matches there's something wrong with the system.