Page 9 of 208 FirstFirst ... 578910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Street Fighter 5 thread (PS4, PC)

Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    I don't diss the PC as a platform at all, and I'm glad more games are coming to it, I just get frustrated by the "PC Master Race" sentiment that seems to go around so often. Some people just don't want to deal with PCs as a gaming platform, some people don't want to bother with the upkeep, and others just don't care. Most of the games I care about are on consoles, so that's where I want to game.
    Some people don't want to deal with oil changes or buying gasoline. Most of the roads I care about allow bicycles, so that's what I want to ride. <3 <3 <3

2. Quote Originally Posted by PKBMax View Post
    Sounds like it's a legit PS4 exclusive:

The most remarkable thing for many came from Adam Boyes, VP, Publisher & Developer Relations of Sony Computer Entertainment.

"PlayStation 4 will be the only console Street Fighter 5 ever appears on," said Boyes.

"Street Fighter 5 will be built from the ground up for PlayStation," added Boyes. "We partnered with Capcom on the development of Street Fighter 5, we're working together to make Street Fighter the ideal game for console."

Yoshinori Ono, the executive producer of Street Fighter at Capcom, added a few statements as well.

"When we first began working on what's next for the vision of the Street Fighter franchise, we reached out to PlayStation," Ono said through a translator.

"It was clear to match the passion of Street Fighter fans around the world, we needed the combined strength of both Capcom and PlayStation," said Ono.
    Given how often Capcom iterates on their fighting games (balancing, adding new fighters, etc), I wouldn't be too shocked if vanilla SF5 stays exclusive while SFV:Ultra Edition comes out for everything including Xbox One as well. If this and Rise of the Tomb Raider aren't completely miltiplatform at some point that would be crazy.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Given how often Capcom iterates on their fighting games (balancing, adding new fighters, etc), I wouldn't be too shocked if vanilla SF5 stays exclusive while SFV:Ultra Edition comes out for everything including Xbox One as well. If this and Rise of the Tomb Raider aren't completely miltiplatform at some point that would be crazy.

Thats' certainly possible. But by the time a super version came out 100% of the serious players will be locked into PS, and all the tourneys etc will be too.

So an Xbox One version would only pick-up the players who aren't very serious about the game anyway, and probably wouldn't buy any future revisions or DLC.
    Backloggery
    GameTZ

Go home and be a family man.

4. Quote Originally Posted by PKBMax View Post
    Thats' certainly possible. But by the time a super version came out 100% of the serious players will be locked into PS, and all the tourneys etc will be too.

So an Xbox One version would only pick-up the players who aren't very serious about the game anyway, and probably wouldn't buy any future revisions or DLC.
    Tournaments are open to different controllers though so I don't see that being an issue in terms of what will be the "preferred" system as long as it runs fine. The PS4 looks to be poised for the best fighting game system for tourney's likely for the bigger library of games like GGXrd and SF5. For those who don't go to tourney's such as myself I'd just prefer good netcode/online play since it's highly unlikely I'd go to one anytime soon and I've bought SF4 so many times I'm pretty much done with buying vanilla (or anything in-between) versions.

I actually hope all fighting games go digital and follow the modular KI model since that way they can add and rebalance the games without having to keep buying newer versions every couple of months or years although they'd still have to find a sweet spot for the pricing.

2014 is almost over, so we can stop pretending the One is competitive very shortly. The most compelling console is about to be passed from the Wii U to the PS4.

Got a chance to watch the trailer. and it feels a lot like King of Fighters. which is fine with me. SF with OTG's? and what look like link combos, into special? yeah i can vibe with that cuz.

Finally watched the trailer. How is this not just Street Fighter IV: Mega or some shit.

8. Because Capcom.

Weak.

10. Didn't the launch trailer for the PS4 have Ryu in a taxi cab or some shit? I guess they weren't ready to pull the trigger back then on announcing exclusivity.