Page 13 of 208 FirstFirst ... 911121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Street Fighter 5 thread (PS4, PC)

1. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Glacius is Satan these days?
    Everyone has wacky costume alts now.

2. ...
    They made it grimdark? WHY? Holy hell this is so ugly.

Look at GG. Do That.

3. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    One thing SFV seriously needs is more than 4 new characters. I was a bit disappointed with SFIV's original arcade lineup of SFII CE roster plus 4 new fighters. This made it feel sort of like a WIP. It would've been better to start with SSFII Turbo roster + Gouken + 8 new. It didn't impress me the way a followup to SFIII 3rd should have.
    Street Fighter reminds me a lot of wrestling, where an organization tries to make new talent, fails at doing so, and knows no other plan than to just fall back on all of the old people that first made them famous. I loved Alpha, but then by A3 they had pretty much just re-added everybody old back, so it was "Street Fighter II & their new pals". And, of course, SFIV turned into the exact same thing.

Pick two or three character from each generation, run with them, dump everyone else. Maybe Remi wasn't the best of choices, but I think you need to do more of that—new characters who can kind of fill in for older characters, at least long enough to allow the morons who can't learn someone new to make the transition.

Or, I'll say it again: if absolutely nothing else, let your character progress in life. Supposedly SFV is going to, yet again, take place before SF3, which is so hilariously ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    That's horse shit. KI runs at your vaunted 60fps and has better netcode that most fighting games out there.

It's cool to hate old KI, I get that. I'll bet my house you've never played new KI so that's not an a statement you can make.
    I tried to give the series another try with the new version. I definitely think it's a far better game than it used to be, but it's still "Dial-a-Combo: The Fighting Game" to me, and I just don't find any fun in that.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

4. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post

Or, I'll say it again: if absolutely nothing else, let your character progress in life. Supposedly SFV is going to, yet again, take place before SF3, which is so hilariously ridiculous.
    They can't jump to SFIII until Vega wakes up with a wrinkle, mutilates his own face and flips out on Bison for a clone body transfer.

5. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    I loved Alpha, but then by A3 they had pretty much just re-added everybody old back, so it was "Street Fighter II & their new pals".
    This is exactly why I don't care for Alpha 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Alpha 2 was the best though, wasn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

I'm not sure why I have a question mark there.

8. It really was. CCs and Alpha Counters were pretty abusable, but everybody was on the level.

Alpha 2 might be my favorite fighter. I just ignore custom combos.

10. Good call. They're fun, but they make a mess of a solid game.