Page 3 of 208 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Street Fighter 5 thread (PS4, PC)

Pass.

2. Too soon?! The SFIV engine is six years old.

3. Fighting game sequels always feel like a step back until a few iterations down the line when they add back all the characters you like. This can be offset by the sense of "newness" but that seems to be missing here.

4. thought about this some more this afternoon, and I think the odds are good that it'll be a $39.99/$69.99 core with $5/characters just going by what capcoms financials are and the lack of design innovation in that footage

not buying the "it's not pay to win" shit because they say a lot of things that aren't true (darkstalkers isn't dead, etc); I can already foresee sf4 becoming super turbo: the next generation where people play it for another decade because there's nothing else from capcom worth playing, sad as that statement is

5. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Fighting game sequels always feel like a step back until a few iterations down the line when they add back all the characters you like. This can be offset by the sense of "newness" but that seems to be missing here.
    Yeah, Street Fighter II, Mortal Kombat II, Virtua Fighter 2, Tekken 2, Soul Calibur, were all a "step back."
    Last edited by jyoung; 05 Dec 2014 at 04:34 PM.

6. they didn't really have many fighting games at the point, plus SF2 was the first one anyone cared about

plus, MK2 had all the people from 1

7. Quote Originally Posted by jyoung View Post
    Yeah, Street Fighter II, Mortal Kombat II, Virtua Fighter 2, Tekken 2, Soul Calibur, were all a "step back."
    ughh

I'm fine with this... The new models have a lot more definition compared to the old engine.

I just wish that they would reveal with something a little different... they can have an updated looking version of Ryu look pretty similar but they should have either completely redesigned Chun-Li or put a new character in there.

Unfortunate they never got Birdie and Sodom in SF4 because we probably won't be seeing them in here. Hopefully I'm wrong
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sodobird.png 
Views:	206 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	75636  
    Last edited by sedition; 05 Dec 2014 at 05:24 PM.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

8. Remember when TNL lost their shit and swore SFIV would be terrible and they'd never play it after it was first announced and shown?

9. I just want to play as old ryu with a beard.

10. no beard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sf4ryu.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	150.7 KB 
ID:	75637   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sfvryu.png 
Views:	260 
Size:	796.0 KB 
ID:	75638  
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.