Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grim Fandango Remastered (PC, PS4/V)

Grim Fandango Remastered (PC, PS4/V)

I'm surprised this didn't have a thread, but I couldn't find it.

2. I would have liked new models and higher res backgrounds, I guess, but that lighting is way better than I was expecting. Adds a lot to the film noir ambience. So I guess I'm sold.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 06 Dec 2014 at 08:27 PM.

3. Is it really going to be GOG exlcusive? I like GOG and all but I'd rather have it on Steam.

EDIT: Oh, one week pre-order exclusive. Who even cares?
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 13 Jan 2015 at 02:16 PM.

4. The framerate was still janky as recent as Day of the Devs, so I dunno.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Why would you pre-order? Are you worried they're going to run out?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. This is out. Actually unlocked early on Steam for some reason.

It's a nice treatment for sure. The new controls are a big improvement, although each scheme is slightly flawed still. The controller scheme still has the problem the original had where it's easy to miss certain hotspots by facing slightly wrong, which can lead to you giving up on something that was actually correct. Always my biggest peeve with the game.

The point and click interface solves this and sports a nice Full Throttle-style action menu. There's a double click option to run, but whenever you click to interact with an object, he walks over. Slowly. An "always run" feature would be a welcome addition.

The new lighting is great. It's integrated really well into the scenes. It's quite a trick, really. It's still the same game, but it does go a long way to make it look nicer. The video seems to have been cleaned up a bit too, although it's still the same resolution and framerate. Just less visibly compressed.

7. I might get it on ps4.

8. Having never played this but always thinking it looked cool back in PC Gamer mag, is it worth it to try it out now for $20 or whatever it costs? Something about the style of the game has always had me interested.

9. Yes it's well worth the $15 it costs. It's a fantastically written adventure game.

Make sure to play it on the PC or the Vita so you can use point and click/touch screen controls.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.