Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Remake Culture

1. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Eh, I'd say that would be unnecessary. Just let whoever did the SF3 port at it, the ps360 version looks great with a little graphic fiddling.
    A port is not a remake...

That was exactly his point.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Why? You've already played the first one. Been there, done that. I'll admit I've bought a couple of high-priority ones like the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus collection, but for the most part I just look at these retreads and realize I've had enough the first time around.
    A couple years ago a vinyl boxset came out with remixed and remastered versions of every Teenage Bottlerocket album. I bought it. It was a new way to listen to some music that I really dig. I still listen to the original records (Another Way being a fine example) but having a modern sounding mix of it is super cool, and allows me to appreciate both albums in their own way.

I can look at video games the same way. If I enjoyed playing a game ten years ago, why not give a shiny new version of it a go?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post

I can look at video games the same way. If I enjoyed playing a game ten years ago, why not give a shiny new version of it a go?

/thread.

Should have been the 1st reply from the getgo.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Plus, their best game of that generation, RE4, has already been remastered.
    Indeed it has, but that's a funny way to abbreviate Devil May Cry 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

6. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    A couple years ago a vinyl boxset came out with remixed and remastered versions of every Teenage Bottlerocket album. I bought it. It was a new way to listen to some music that I really dig. I still listen to the original records (Another Way being a fine example) but having a modern sounding mix of it is super cool, and allows me to appreciate both albums in their own way.

I just don't see video games in the same way, just because of the time investment. I played RE4 for example through, loved it, don't want to go back to it. It was the PS2 version which is probably the worst one but who cares. Given my limited amount of free time I'd rather be playing something new. Of course, RE HD is new to me whenever I get around to it which is probably never which is my point.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    Devil May Cry 3
    What an odd way to spell Breath of Fire V.

8. Or PN03

9. Peanut 03 truly was the best of the Capcom Five.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

You guys are arguing against irrefutable fact. This reminds me that we're due for another one of these now that Persona V has expanded to PS4, essentially ending the last generation finally.