Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Remake Culture

1. You guys still play Halo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. The early 3D games from the N64/PS1/Saturn era represent the cut off point to me for games that deserve to be remastered.

Most Dreamcast/PS2/Xbox/GameCube games still hold up fine in 480p. PS3/Xbox 360 titles look even better, and they have even less reason to be remade since most were already in 720p.

The last remake I bought was the Banjo Kazooie/Tooie bundle on the Xbox 360 and I actually really liked that one because of how much more playable the games are at a solid 60 FPS and with a larger draw distance. The Perfect Dark XBLA port had the same kind of frame rate/draw distance improvements and was also pretty cool.

3. I don't see any problem with continuing to port stuff forward, lord knows backwards compatibility isn't really A Thing these days. Buy it or don't! Acting like it's some new phenomena is just old people talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    You guys still play Halo?
    I tried to play with Chux, Korly, Evilmog and Brettmatic on friday.

Shit didn't work We played Worms instead!

5. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    Sure, Halo 5 is more important but they deserve every single ounce of shit thrown their way for releasing a game that is still broken a month after release. It's unacceptable.
    In case I sound like I'm defending them, I'm not. I just don't consider the fact that port work was outsourced to be an inherently bad thing, and would generally prefer it... but MCC deserves a ton of criticism. MS, 343i, the individual studios, whatever. The collection's a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    You guys still play Halo?
    I like it more now than back in the day. It's weird.
    Last edited by Tain; 09 Dec 2014 at 08:17 PM.

6. MCC deserves a ton of criticism. MS, 343i, MS, the individual studios, whatever. The collection's a mess.
    The sad thing is that most review sites rushed to give it 9/10 scores without even testing the multiplayer functionality in a public environment.

Studios don't have much incentive to get this stuff right on release day when the people reviewing the games don't hold studios accountable.

7. Like a lot of games I don't care about, remakes don't matter because I don't have to buy them. Ico/Shadow of Colossus? Sure, for archive purposes and to have Colossus run on decent hardware. PS2 Space Channel 5 collection? Great to have them both in one spot. Rez HD? Looked great and even came on the Qubed disk, so I don't have to worry about my digital copy turning into a demo seeing as my 360 is no longer hooked up to the internet. GTAV PS4? Yeah, no thanks, but if I change my mind it'll be under $20 by the time I bother. The nice thing about remaking 1-2 year old games is there's no rush to pay full price on something that will be cluttering up the budget used bins soon enough.

I don't really mind a remake if they actually improve the game and price it accordingly. The MGS collections on ps3 did it right, the best versions of several great games for $40.

There is certainly a wrong way of doing it. It's laughable to pay $60 for Tomb Raider Definitive Edition after buying the ps3 version, but I don't mind grabbing the upgrade for $20.

9. I thought the DS Dragon Quest remakes were wonderful, more because of the gameplay tweaks (double gold and EXP growth for inactive party members) than extra Ps or new graphics.

10. On one hand, I find it hilarious that certain gamers bitch about the industry being creatively bankrupt, only make the same things over and over...but then are the most excited about straight up buying the same thing again, with remasters.

On the other hand, I think it's fine, because we all have our weaknesses. I got Wind Waker HD, and if Square ever remade FF12 like they did for 10, I'd get like 5 copies, easily!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.