Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Remake Culture

1. Bully was fun for longer than GTA games are fun. Whatever that means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    I almost never post in the haul thread
    I might be confusing you with your evil(er) twin, samuraimoogle, but one of you seems to work at Gamestop and beat every new release 1-3 days after the game hits stores. It's not a bad thing.

3. I don't know if I want present-day Rockstar revisiting Bully. Their creative "attitude" has shifted so much since the PS2 days, and the thought of a srs bsns version of Bully scares me. Outsource it to the Saints Row guys IMO; they're still making games in the PS2 Rockstar tone, just dialed up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

Fuck no.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    Their creative "attitude" has shifted so much since the PS2 days
    No it hasn't.

If they released a game like Bully in 2015 it would be celebrated far more than it was when it came out.
    Last edited by FirstBlood; 11 Dec 2014 at 10:11 PM.

6. I like the trend of remakes so long as the games are actually good in the first place and it doesn't impact production of new quality IPs.

7. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    No it hasn't.

If they released a game like Bully in 2015 it would be celebrated far more than it was when it came out.
    I believe this.

8. You guys really don't see the difference in tone between GTA3/VC/SA/Bully and GTA4/5/Red Dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

9. Remakes are dubious propositions. With old games I theoretically like the idea of "making them look they were supposed to look" but I think they rarely get the time/money/care that's necessary.

This was brought up elsewhere, but I don't dislike the idea of classy, boutique Criterion Collection-style releases for newer hardware, cleaned up and with extras and nice packaging. Sort of like Sega Ages was. I feel like there's probably a market for that, but most companies seem fine with just using their old games for easy extra revenue as downloadable or shoved onto cheap collections.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    This stuff is shit. A complete waste of time. I'm down with the ps2/Xbox remasters, but these PS3->ps4 is worthless. The problem is that there are a lot of dumb people out there. If someone asks them what they want to see from Naughty Dog on PS4, they will actually say TLOU Remastered instead of a new fucking game. If this is what we have to look forward to every gen, a bunch of remasters, I'm done. This is the same shit that studios have been peddling. How many times have they released Terminator 2?
    I'm playing TLOU on the PS3 now. It's pretty obvious that this game is demanding more from the PS3 hardware than it is capable of delivering. There are several sections of this game that become a slide show, once the action becomes too much for the PS3 to handle. I've already picked up the PS4 version from Target ($34) and plan on playing it once I get a PS4 for Christmas.

Yeah, I agree that we don't need a bunch of Xbox 360 and PS3 ports to the next generation consoles. But, there are a few exceptions that need to be considered. The PS2 games definitely deserved to be ported to the PS3, since the console had a lot of blurry interlaced games that deserved better.