Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 273739404142 LastLast

Thread: Remake Culture

1. ^that's a good one

mad at myself for forgetting Bonanza Bros, the world needs a revival of that one
    http://backloggery.com/irishninja/sig.gif

2. VR Lucky and Wild
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Quote Originally Posted by IrishNinja View Post
    remake culture is ruining modern gaming, pls stop devs

wait first remake burning rangers, vagrant story, and maybe just update elevator action returns to be on everything

also just keep redoing katamari every gen or so

okay but after that only original stuff
    On a list of what needs to be updated or overhauled in Vagrant Story, the graphics are dead last.

I know you know this too. Here's how I know: you've never finished Vagrant Story.

You've tried to probably three times. Your most recent attempt ended at the (horrible) first boss. Your first two ended at either the (horrible) teleporting wizard or the (horrible) crab.

I can't think of a better example of a nerd darling game everyone loves the idea of playing more than playing. It's the inversion of Civilization V and VI where Steam is full of "Not Recommended" reviews from users with 700 hours on record.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 06 Jan 2018 at 11:38 AM.

4. I love it when someone brings Vagrant Story down from the mantle and ARBM is in the room.

5. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Steam is full of "Not Recommended" reviews from users with 700 hours on record.
    Oh man this is so absurd, I see reviews like this all the time. There are probably 3 games ever I have played that long. How can you play something that long and say 'eh'? Sounds ridiculous.

6. It was the first game I imported so of course I forced myself into the pedestal camp despite never getting past the forest on my imported copy or the teleporting guy on my domestic.

I finally finished it on Vita two years ago and remember having fun despite it reiterating everything Parasite Eve said, but finding big, arcane words for PE's shorter, clearer ones in whatever the gameplay equivalent of a thesaurus is. But then that has kind of always been Matsuno's thing.

7. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    It was the first game I imported so of course I forced myself into the pedestal camp despite never getting past the forest on my imported copy or the teleporting guy on my domestic.

I finally finished it on Vita two years ago and remember having fun despite it reiterating everything Parasite Eve said, but finding big, arcane words for PE's shorter, clearer ones in whatever the gameplay equivalent of a thesaurus is. But then that has kind of always been Matsuno's thing.
    I can't judge since I did the same for Grandia on the Saturn which I fully 100% finished.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

I love Vagrant Story, and did finish it. The final boss fight is the best rhythm game I ever played. But I fear to go back because like ARBM pointed out, a lot of the things I liked about it then, like crafting the weapons, I would probably have no patience for now.

9. Quote Originally Posted by IrishNinja View Post
    also just keep redoing katamari every gen or so
    A 4k version on 8th gen hardware is the dream.

10. I would love a stylized high poly version of Katamari.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!