Thread: Sega Stars: Joe Miller

1. Sonic Sega Stars: Joe Miller

Don't mean to spam, but this is a special article for me. Joe Miller was the Senior VP of Product Development for Sega for much of the '90s, and he died of stomach cancer last July. I was lucky to have interviewed him last year, and Tom Kalinske included a print out of the interview in the fruit basket they sent the family! Because of that, a lot of ex-Sega people asked for a retrospective on his career, which was truly amazing. I finished it in October but wouldn't publish it until I had his family's approval and some pictures, which they graciously donated.

I just wanted to share the article here, so you can read about him. He was humble, freakin' brilliant, and an all-around great guy. He will be missed.

2. That's sad news. It's a shame that Joe Miller died at such a young age.

3. Very cool, Melf.

4. Excellent work.

5. Thank you.

Thank you for not being a Muppet.

Awesome, Melf, will definitely check it out.

8. Thanks, Melf. Joe Miller epitomizes a lot of the things I miss about Sega. The Genesis years were SoA's best period, while for Japan I guess it'd be Saturn. Thanks to Joe for helping get Sega Channel going, BTW.

Cancer truly sucks. I know someone who had lost a friend to it last year. RIP.

Here's Melf's 2013 interview with Joe Miller @ Sega-16. Another good read.

9. Thanks for the kudos!

I was really amazed at how many different things he was involved in. He was all over the industry during its formative years.