Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Leftovers (HBO)

1. don't try to understand everything... just keep going through it.

I liked the season 2 finale.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

2. it was great. what don't you understand?
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

3. I thought the finale was amazing.
    Still dont get it though.

4. look here, upon a sig graveyard.

5. Still have two episodes I need to catch up on, but...

Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    Third and final? Good. It was after 3 seasons that Lost meandered and fell to shit. Someone learned a lesson.

I do hope they find some way to work Ann Dowd into the final season. Doubtful, I know, but she has easily been my favorite part of this show.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

6. I don't think anyone learned a lesson. I think HBO was willing to give it a proper burial. If the ratings weren't so awful, there's no way it would be ending.

7. Are the ratings awful? I really don't know. Since I get it through streaming (as do so many others I imagine), does that get factored in at all? Interesting either way.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

8. Well shit.

9. It doesn't really need to be more than 3 seasons, imo. I think it's a fantastic story that definitely needs a concrete, finite ending.

I'm reading the book the show was based on right now, it's interesting but nowhere near as good as the show. It seems almost rudimentary compared to the places the show takes the viewer - though it focuses quite a bit more on Jill, who mostly gets ignored as things go. Kevin is slightly different too, he's a lot more bureaucratic in the book, a lot more "normal."
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread