Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 25353738394041 LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread: 2015 FINISH HIM!!

1. You just described most AAA games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Im still waiting for the credits to end...

I think the most ridiculous game length/effort to credits length ratio has to be Scott Pilgrim.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. 17. Halo 5: Guardians

Heroic, solo. The campaign seems a little shorter than normal, with less of the big open battles that work well for the series, but when they're happening they're great. The new movement mechanics (boosting, ledge climbing, ground-pounding, hovering) tie into these battles excellently and are a blast. The Prometheans and their armor can be an absolute drag on Legendary, which is a let-down as the 4-player revive-your-partner setup makes Heroic a bit too easy. Overall the campaign was pretty good, but like Halo 4 it's a step down from Reach.

On the multiplayer side, though, the modes present are probably better than they've ever been. The new mechanics do wonders, and everything is so fast! It's a bummer that Big Team and Forge are coming in a later update, as Warzone isn't as fun as the Big Team modes used to be.

5. i forgot which number: The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds: I was at the last dungeon for like a year before I finally came back. I thought it was good, just not as wonderful as everyone else found it. Despite the gimmick of wall travel or flattening or whatever and the dungeons being able to be completed in any order, overall it was as bog-standard as you can get for Zelda. It wasn't as by the numbers as Flagship's games but i'm surprised that after years of complaining every Zelda is the same this is the one people like. I'll probably have more fond memories of Skyward Sword years down the road despite having less complaints about this one than any Zelda since Link to the Past. Give me flawed over safe.
    The dungeons were great, the 3D was fantastic, the visuals beyond the 3D were as boring as the lack of ambition. I've said it before: I like Zelda for the strange characters and the sense of discovery and exploration you get from the 3D environments. This is fine, the best portable-only game since Link Falls Asleep in the Ocean, but it's not what i'm looking for.

FINAL RATING: 1 Groose out of 10 Sea Charts
    Donk

6. How do you feel about the Darksiders games, Finch? They seem pretty 3D Zelda to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. too dark, too many siders. i think the souls one could be one i like
    One day.
    Donk

8. 18. Mushihimesama

PC version. Cleared Original mode, no continues. I always saw this game's Original mode as being tougher than Futari's, and I'd always be surprised to hear some say otherwise, but it does seem simpler now that I've cleared it. The game's every bit as gorgeous as its sequel, though, and while Original in this game is more dry scoring-wise than Futari's Original, I may prefer it overall. I really need to dig into Maniac on both.
    Last edited by Tain; 08 Nov 2015 at 01:55 PM.

9. 10. Suikoden
    Third time I've beaten it, first time I've done so with all 108 Stars. Yeah, I cheated. But I feel like I earned it. Thank god I find the game charming in both writing and execution, because there's some "old rpg design" quirks that annoyed me, like the inventory system and lack of spots. Also: buying equipment and not being able to equip it right there in the store menu. Eight slots, and easily half of them are taken up by equipment. Have a healing item or two? Then you can only buy two new pieces of equipment. Then back out of the store menu. Then open up your equipment menu and switch stuff. Close menu. Open store menu. Sell old equipment. Buy new. Exit. Apply. Open store menu again. Sell old stuff again. Now do this for 30-40 characters. Argh. The game seemed to know when I was farming drops and when I was just trying to explore, and adjusted the encounter rate in direct opposition to my intentions. I swear it was every other step when I just wanted to get somewhere, but I'd walk in circles for 15-20 seconds before a fight triggered when I wanted a rare armor or window/sound setting. And the drop rate...it took an hour for me to get a single armor to drop. So much for getting a couple of them.
    But, it never got too aggravating, and it's so easy that you don't really NEED the best equipment.
    This was also the first time I took a bunch of character weapons to level 16. I never played the dice game too much before, but thanks to a faq's suggestion I made use of it this time. I'd love to know how much money I accrued/spent. I'd guess 25 million at least.
    A+, will probably not play again, but only because there's too much else I should get to. On to Suikoden 2!

10. Tomb Raider - I actually had this game like 95% beat two years ago, I literally just had to go through the last section of the game, climbing up the temple during the snowstorm. I don't know why I put it down when I did. Anyway I finished it and got a few cheevos just collecting a bunch of junk in the world. I can't really say how I feel about the game since I did most of it so long ago.