Page 1 of 41 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread: 2015 FINISH HIM!!

1. Completion Thread: 2015 FINISH HIM!!

1: Spec Ops The Line (Normal Difficulty)

I missed this gem when it was first released and it is awesome. I probably ignored this title based solely on the shitty name, but it turns out to be a fine Gears of War clone set in modern day Dubai. The story is messed up and I got the best (or is it the worst?) ending. I will replay this on higher difficulty later, but the story made this game amazing.

2. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hqdefault.jpg 
Views:	1037 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	75785

1.) Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys (PCE-CD)

It's probably been a good 15 years since I last took this off the shelf and played it through to completion, and the recently released English dub patch was all the excuse I needed to revisit it. As you might expect of a fan dub, the quality wavers pretty substantially (Bami's "actress" in particular is...passionate), but it's still better than most of the official dubs we got back in the day on the TGCD/Duo. Aside from that, the gorgeous character artwork and detailed sprites and animation are still extremely impressive today, some 22 years after the game's release.

This remains my favorite version of Ys IV.

3. 1. Panel De Pon GCN
    Interesting update, music is familiar but new. No "Bowser" fight at the end.

4. I beat The Fall. I didn't see the need for the combat in the game, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. The atmosphere and story were top-notch. I like a lot of these short exploration games...

Tomb Raider PS4 - I never got around to playing the PS3 version of this beyond a rental, so this was a great way to break in a new system. I absolutely loved this game start to finish. Frankly, it surprised me.

6. 01) Resogun (Vita)
    Finished with Nemesis on Experienced mode. N's overdrive capability does deserve the "1" (will probably go with Phobos, since a high OD kill chain is one of the keys to scoring good) but the boost is useful. Its weapons turn into a "homing spaghetti laser of death" when powered up past a certain point.

One guilty pleasure is leaving freed humans out to tease the Abductors. As soon as one's about to do its job, boost in to swipe the human first and watch the sucker come up with... NOTHING! LOL. Or just broadside one with a Boost kamikaze right as he's on the way.

Not a bad job at porting down from PS4, considering the 30 FPS framerate and a few other sacrifices (some of the particle blizzards from the PS4 original have been toned way down).

7. 1. Dragon Age: Origins - finished off the campaign. This is a great game! Kind of crappy on PS3, but what can you do? Of course the Dragon Keep is not working for me. It seems to be importing a completely different game than what I made. Thanks Obama.
    2. Dragon Age: Lelianna's Song - a fun little piece of standalone DLC for DA. Lelianna was my favorite character in DAO so of course I was all about this.

What did people think of the other DLC and Awakenings? I want to play through as much of the good stuff as possible before I go to the sequel, Dragon Age Inquisition.

Shadowgun - Android

More of a tech demo than a real game, it's pretty impressive given the technology. As an actual game it's a pretty basic third person cover shooter. With a controller it plays pretty well, but it's repetitive and would get old very fast, but the game ends right when you'd be getting tired of it anyway. The last boss battle is pretty fun. The expansion doesn't really need to exist, and it's pretty buggy compared to the main game.

Overall, decent and worth playing if you want some Gears of War lite and you've got a Shield or a controller add on for your phone. I wouldn't bother with touch controls. I wouldn't mind seeing a more fleshed out sequel.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    1. Dragon Age: Origins - finished off the campaign. This is a great game! Kind of crappy on PS3, but what can you do? Of course the Dragon Keep is not working for me. It seems to be importing a completely different game than what I made. Thanks Obama.
    2. Dragon Age: Lelianna's Song - a fun little piece of standalone DLC for DA. Lelianna was my favorite character in DAO so of course I was all about this.

What did people think of the other DLC and Awakenings? I want to play through as much of the good stuff as possible before I go to the sequel, Dragon Age Inquisition.
    Awakenings is not very good at all. The story of it is important to inquisition but the game itself is not worth playing. Not sure about the origins dlc

Wait no, I'm mixing things up. Awakenings was the exp pack and it's ok. Dragon Age 2 is the terrible game
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

10. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Dragon Age 2 is the terrible game

Which is why I'm guessing he keeps not mentioning it and referring to Inquisition as the sequel.
    Also: " I want to play through as much of the good stuff as possible"