Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 112123242526272939 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread: 2015 FINISH HIM!!

1. 7. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

Played on Uber. Solid, but definitely not as good as The New Order. The cutscenes lack the personality they had in the last game, the environments are less varied, and the zombies aren't enjoyable.

2. 1001 Spikes (PC)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100111111.png 
Views:	72 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	77053

The level designers for this game are just dicks. It fealt like their only goal was to come up with as many ways as possible to kill you in each level. I think I beat this game just to stubbornly prove a point and show those pricks who's boss, not because I was having a lot of fun playing. There's also a weird disparity going on between the graphical detail in the backgrounds (nice!) and the graphical detail of the character you control (ugly!). The soundtrack was pretty meh for the most part, and it was real dumb of the programmer to restart the music track every time you die, instead of allowing the music track to play uninterrupted so long as you're still in the same level.

6/10

I hope Shovel Knight is better than this. That's the next retro platformer I need to plow through.
    Last edited by jyoung; 30 Jun 2015 at 06:00 PM.

3. I've only seen screenshots of Spikes but I'm certain Shovel Knight is better. Like, a lot better.

4. It's called "1001 Spikes", the intention is pretty clear. If by "better" you mean "it's not trying to kill me at every turn because that's not the concept", yeah, i guess, but it's a shame to lump them in the same category. Is VVVVVV better than Mega Man 2 because i have to decide.
    Donk

5. They could have easily made levels that are "out to get you" without being dicks about it. There's nothing wrong with the concept of "1001 Spikes" -- i.e., a difficult game that gives you a limited amount of lives, with the expectation that the player will die a lot. But you can't make a game that's just a giant gauntlet run of "Gotcha!" deaths and expect it to be fun. I didn't feel like I was playing 1001 Spikes so much as I was agreeing to be trolled by its developers for their lolz.

6. What was that psp nis penguin game dood?

7. Quote Originally Posted by jyoung View Post
    But you can't make a game that's just a giant gauntlet run of "Gotcha!" deaths and expect it to be fun.
    Sounds like you Don't Want To Be The Guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    What was that psp nis penguin game dood?
    Were those any good?

9. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Sounds like you Don't Want To Be The Guy...
    ..nor do I want to watch people losing their temper while trying To Be The Guy, but apparently, I'm in the minority, these days.

10. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Were those any good?
    Prinny

And they were fun.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.