Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6891011121424 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread: 2015 FINISH HIM!!

1. That's good enough for me.

2. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    and even Garrus taking you for a ride
    Oh, I can assure you, Garrus took my Shepard for a ride.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    this is the Completion thread, not the Almost thread
    LOL

4. Advance Warfare CoD (PS4) - Hard to not like something with Kevin Spacey in it. Probably the best story of any CoD campaign so far. Glad I played through it. Not sure I'm going to slog through it on Veteran like I have with most, if not all, CoD's.

5. Jazzpunk- Not a game that you "finish" more a game that you experience. It's a game to play under the influence of the vice of your choice. It's worth the 3.50 its going for on Steam but not worth the 15 dollars that it usually goes for. It was fun to talk to Hunter Thompson at the resort level. The voice actor nailed it.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Vasteel View Post
    Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds: The best Zelda game since the original. This was an absolute blast. Awesome visuals, with a fantastic style and the best use of 3d I've seen on the system. I honestly have no complaints, and I'm a sucker for parallel earth stories, so I dug the whole Crisis on Infinite Hyrules thing.
    They want you to believe it's a a time travel story, but this Zelda timeline is so clownshoes that I prefer your analogy.

7. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Advance Warfare CoD (PS4) - Hard to not like something with Kevin Spacey in it. Probably the best story of any CoD campaign so far. Glad I played through it. Not sure I'm going to slog through it on Veteran like I have with most, if not all, CoD's.
    Play through it on Vet! It's probably the easiest campaign on vet and taking it slower lets you appreciate the cool looking levels.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

8. 3. Lords of the Fallen (PS4)
    Bought this hoping it would be very akin to Dark Souls and to tide me over until the next From release. It shares a lot with the Souls series but changed as the game got patched. No longer respawning only at activated checkpoints (you now restart much closer to where you died) was a nice touch. The game is still buggy as hell though. Many instances of finding just the right spot to fall through the world, or have an enemy follow me into an adjacent room just to watch them get stuck somewhere in the walls. Audio bugs popped up as well, I believe I mentioned where a certain female character's dialogue sequences would make the game go totally silent, happened for her entire questline! The enemies never really get interesting, for the most part it goes Guy with sword> add shield > bigger guy > bigger shield > one new monster > oops thats all the enemies. This game also has no map or checkpoint indicator, like Souls, but unlike Souls the world seems disjointed and forced a bunch of silly backtracking. I finished helping the very first NPC somewhere near the 3/4 mark of the game, and he was going to go back to his lab to make me stronger potions for a trophy. The game never told me where his lab was and since he isn't located there initially I had literally no idea where he was. Met him again finally on my walk back to the final boss, at which point he wanted me to go on a fetch quest and I told him to fuck off. Beat it with a Cleric, lvl 61, 22 hours 2 mins. Weak possibility of going back through for NG+ stuff like more weapons/armor/trophies, but I would like to see what all the super heavy armor and weapons were like.

3. The Order: 1886 (PS4, )

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Order.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	9.5 KB 
ID:	76116

Someone should have vetoed the first chapter of this game, as it really does the rest of the game a disservice and could potentially turn off someone giving it a shot. After clearing that hump, I kept waiting for the game to trip up again to match a lot of the review comments, but it didn't. In fact, at least two specific review comments I read regarding variety and frequency of specific enemies were patently false. There were some pacing issues, though admittedly I'd be hard pressed to fix them and keep the story intact. Also, other than some interesting weapons, not a lot of new ground was covered. However, when you think about the specific cover shooter genre headed by the Gears of War franchise, there hasn't been a second tier entry. It has seemingly either been Gears or some C-grade knockoff. This settles in nicely as a legitimate potential franchise to mirror but not quite match Gears on the PlayStation side. Considering we won't get another Gears for at least a year, that has significant value, especially to someone who enjoys both the genre and the steampunk horror theme as much as I do. Heck, aside from the first chapter, my biggest beef is the lack of trophy progress tracking. Thankfully, that worked out ok on one playthrough, though I did have to resort to a quick checkpoint reload for the inexplicably timed armory exploration. If you care about a first-run Platinum, look up or ask what I mean.

2015 Totals
    1 PC, 1 PS3, 1 PS4

10. Now I might have to give it a shot (1886)