Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: January 2015 (Post-Holiday Goodies!)

1. Don't forget Popful Mail, the first boss still cracks me up. I don't recall too many jokes in Vay. They alleged reduced the load times in Albert Odyssey but it was still too painful for me to ever finish. So not all the changes were bad, but Silhouette Mirage did suck.

What did they change in Thunderforce V? I never really got into that game.

Iron Storm, Dragon Force and Sega Ages were all good releases as I recalled and not too controversial.

2. The Evil Within (nabbed on Steam for $20.40 during sale)
    Brandish: The Dark Revenant (PSP English version, $20 @ PSN)
    Necrovision & Necrovision Lost Company ($15)
    Caladrius Blaze ($80 shipped)

Advance order:
    Real Arcade Pro.V Hayabusa ($159, works on BOTH PS4 & PS3. Will ship on 2/28)

3. Working Designs is awesome. They did some bad things but far more very nice things. The best thing about Working Designs is that bringing them up is an easy way to tell who can never be your friend.

4. Ike and Tina Turner spousal abuse jokes in Magic Knights Rayearth.

To The Moon was a lot like classic WD, really. Really good when they weren't pretending to be funny, cringe-inducing dialogue so bad I wanted to shut off the system when they thought they were.

meh, the games were so long comparatively you could go a long time without seeing those jokes

6. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Don't forget Popful Mail, the first boss still cracks me up. I don't recall too many jokes in Vay. They alleged reduced the load times in Albert Odyssey but it was still too painful for me to ever finish. So not all the changes were bad, but Silhouette Mirage did suck.
    Albert Odyssey was broken. The game froze up so many times during battle scenes, that I got beyond frustrated. I pretty much gave up on playing that game through to the end.

7. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    Caladrius Blaze ($80 shipped
    A few weeks ago an acquaintance asked me if I'd be interested in this, it wasn't "cavey enough" for him and for some strange reason he thought the theme would be "right up my alley." He only wanted $30 for it so I bought it from him. Forgot to post it here.

8. Working Designs gets a free pass from me for Alundra alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I will take the Lunar we got with WD at the helm as opposed to one we wouldnt have got without them.
    Their Sega and Turbo CD stuff was absolutely important. The problem was when Vic's head started to grow at a rate his team's skill level couldn't possibly match.

10. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Albert Odyssey was broken. The game froze up so many times during battle scenes, that I got beyond frustrated. I pretty much gave up on playing that game through to the end.
    It never froze on me, but the load times were atrocious. I gave up but don't remember how far I was, perhaps you were further along.