Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 81011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: January 2015 (Post-Holiday Goodies!)

1. It never froze on me. I used a Gameshark code that made my characters level like crazy after a fight. The battles still took forever to load in and out, but I never had to worry about grinding shit out. Just walked from dungeon to dungeon till it was over.

2. The problem with Albert Odyssey was that it was perhaps the dullest RPG ever made. God, that game was boring!

3. Stick arrived...and it was broken before I even opened it. The plastic latch that keeps the top panel closed broke in transit I suppose. Disappointing, seems like a nice stick otherwise.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stick_face.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	761.8 KB 
ID:	75915   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stick_34.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	637.6 KB 
ID:	75914   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	broken_latch.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	452.0 KB 
ID:	75916  

4. This Month's Haul: January 2015 (Post-Holiday Goodies!)

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    I'm still pretty pissed that we didn't get the PSP remake of EP.
    Technical issues on the Japanese side, unfortunately. Once again, blame Japan and their sloppy level of programming / code storage.

Frustrates me to no end, because we screwed out of one of the games the first time, and then technically screwed out of the other the next.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

5. After using a $10 off coupon Shopko officially made me a PS3 owner at $90. Heard this revision isn't great but I'm usually good about taking care of hardware.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	868.6 KB 
ID:	75917

Ran across a guy on Craig's selling his entire game collection at decent prices, heres the games I was mainly interested in. Missed a Turbografx 16 with Soldier Blade he had for $40 .

Views:	88 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	75918

Got this from the same guy. Little backstory. Saw a Super Famicom with 6 games a few months back in a college town 60 miles away. Was tempted but failed to respond quick enough. This guy bought the bundle and never bothered to use the hardware at all, just sat till I bought the lot for $60 today. This was the main thing i was looking for, opened it up and it looks legit, not a repro:

Views:	98 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	75919

Had a blast, brought a co worker who was interested in the dude's Colecovision and Atari stuff, ended up talking for hour, I ended up leaving with manuals for a 3DO and my co worker a bunch of cords/connectors as freebies.
    Last edited by Low; 25 Jan 2015 at 05:27 PM.

I guess my game gear's caps are dead. Got it from the fam while home for Christmas. Dropped some batteries in and nothing.

Where are the kid's getting their game gear recap sets these days?

7. Console5

Mouser. Use Console5's cap list to see what you need.You'll have to open it up to see what model motherboard you have.

9. The kit I ordered included caps for all three. Was like $13.

Yes, but I've had issues with their cap quality. Mouser is a lot more though, dat shipping.