Page 1 of 20 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One: Deals with Gold & Games with Gold

1. Xbox 360 II Xbox One: Deals with Gold & Games with Gold

For the new year I wanted to start out a thread to catalog & update all the weekly sales on the Xbox One since the XBL store sucks and the UI does a really bad job of promoting current deals so as of January 2015:

Games with Gold:

Deals with Gold:

I'll likely be passing on Forza 5 since Forza 6 is coming down the road and I have FH2 so that gives me my racing fix for now.

I picked up Styx: Master of Shadows though which is a fun goblin stealth game and Max: The Curse of Brotherhood to support the developer even though I bought it on sale for the 360 already. I don't particularly care about Worms but I redeemed it anyway in case I have some urge to play it at some point.
    Last edited by Will; 01 Mar 2015 at 11:11 AM.

2. A heads up in case there are people like me who do not yet own an Xbone but plan to someday: if you have Gold but no Xbone you can go to xbox.com and download the games to your gamertag, then download them once you get your system. Thought that was pretty neat.

3. Also why is PS+ so far behind? They still have the December games up (on PS4, I noticed PS3 had their new games last night).

4. Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    A heads up in case there are people like me who do not yet own an Xbone but plan to someday: if you have Gold but no Xbone you can go to xbox.com and download the games to your gamertag, then download them once you get your system. Thought that was pretty neat.
    Yep, that's pretty much what I've been doing so I've been redeeming both the GwG and buying discounted DwG games that would be ready to play as soon as I got the console.

What's also cool is that if the game was previously redeemed from GwG, if you want to support the dev you can still buy it for regular price or buy it when it's on sale. This also helps if you run out of Live Gold and want to keep your games playable without that service.

5. Isn't D4 a GwG right now also?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Korly View Post
    Isn't D4 a GwG right now also?
    Yes.

Also Brettmatic did what Pineapple was saying. He dl'd a bunch of stuff on his GT on my xbone and when he got his he had an instant library.

Which he sits on while he plays netflix on his 360.

7. He's usually playing "AMAZON PRIME (360)"

8. Quote Originally Posted by Korly View Post
    Isn't D4 a GwG right now also?
    Oops, good catch I'll add that in as well. I downloaded it but haven't yet fully tried it. Since I have a Kinect I'll see how it plays with it but if it's too much of a hassle I'll use the controller instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Yes.

Also Brettmatic did what Pineapple was saying. He dl'd a bunch of stuff on his GT on my xbone and when he got his he had an instant library.

Which he sits on while he plays netflix on his 360.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korly View Post
    He's usually playing "AMAZON PRIME (360)"

9. D4 is a lot more interesting with Kinect. Movement kind of sucks, but taking Tequila shots is great.

10. D4 works a hell of a lot better with Kinect. I feel like the sensitivity is wonky with the controller.