Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Emblem Fates AKA Fire Emblem If (3DS), featuring three different storylines

In either case people should keep in mind this platform likely only has ~10 months left of viability before buying new hardware.

2. The only reason i want WiiU and 3DS to last way longer than that and for NX to be late 2017-18 is that people keep saying that and i want them to be wrong.
    Donk

3. I want the WiiU and 3DS to last way longer because I don't understand what a new system is supposed to do for Nintendo. Their problem is a lack of games/ third party support. This has been their problem since the Gamecube. Sony/Microsoft have lots of 3rd party support, and still don't have much of a library for their 2 year old systems.

4. the wii u is the best current system on the market unless you don't have a PC but no one knows that
    Donk

5. That's why I only have a Wii U

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I want the WiiU and 3DS to last way longer because I don't understand what a new system is supposed to do for Nintendo. Their problem is a lack of games/ third party support. This has been their problem since the Gamecube. Sony/Microsoft have lots of 3rd party support, and still don't have much of a library for their 2 year old systems.
    The most obvious answer is that a single development platform will allow more games to come to each side of their business, so the new hardware, specifically the shared architecture can solve the lack of games.

edit: If you take off the exclusive filter, which is admittedly difficult for me, I don't understand your comment about the library of the PS4/One either. The PS4 has probably the three best games of 2015: The Witcher III, Bloodborne and Rocket League. It also has GTAV, Fallout 4, Dark Souls II, The Last of Us, all the Uncharted games, the best baseball franchise, Tomb Raider, Dishonored, etc. It completely destroys the Wii U if you don't take exclusivity into account. And before you balk at remasters, remember to take all the Zeldas away from Nintendo's side.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 27 Jan 2016 at 11:05 PM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    It also has GTAV, Fallout 4, Dark Souls II, The Last of Us, all the Uncharted games, the best baseball franchise, Tomb Raider, Dishonored, etc. It completely destroys the Wii U if you don't take exclusivity into account. And before you balk at remasters, remember to take all the Zeldas away from Nintendo's side.
    I will balk at remasters. 7 of the 8 games you listed didn't require me to buy a new system to play. But yes, let's take all the ONE Zelda remaster away from the WiiU. It still has XCX, so far the best exclusive of the gen.
    Edit: I was talking about the dearth of titles more than the quality of what's available any way. Dreamcast was a failure, yet managed a library of 250 games in a year and a half.
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 27 Jan 2016 at 11:49 PM.

Other than from your unique retailer position, I don't understand why volume matters at all. I'll be fortunate to finish 30 games this year across all platforms. I couldn't care less if 50 or 5,000 are released as long as those 30 are the best they can be.

9. Trust me, as a retailer I'd rather have fewer games to have to stock. But as a player I want diversity and choice. There is far higher chance of a Culdcept existing in a library of 5,000 than there is a library of 50.

I'll buy that. It's unfortunate but probably accurate that if we only got 50 games they'd all be FPS.