Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skiing & Snowboarding Games

1. Skiing & Snowboarding Games

What are the best games you've found in this genre? I feel like it's a niche genre and I don't know why because the games are generally awesome (I guess it's because there's no violence, which is what sells). 1080, SSX, etc are amazing.

It's also interesting that developers always seem to choose snowboarding over skiing. The only skiing games I know of are that Wii game WeSki, and the old NES game Slalom. Does anyone know of a really good skiing game? Or a snowboarding game besides 1080, SSX, Transworld Snowboarding, Snowboard Kids, or the Amped series?

Sidenote but I feel like this genre is ripe for a VR game. A heliskiing game where you could do tricks would be insane.

2. Wait, are you trying to say Jonny Moseley Mad Trix wasn't the epitome of this genre?

Last edited by James; 14 Jan 2015 at 01:32 PM.

3. Name:  ski.gif
Views: 106
Size:  6.5 KB

Turns out finding a version that plays in-browser is *weirdly tough*, every version is missing something or another.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 14 Jan 2015 at 01:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. James - LOL. Indubitably the epitome of the genre. I think that's why developers don't make these games anymore, actually. "Mad Trix has reached the pinnacle - where could we possibly go from here?"

SSJN - That game looks cool, I'm going to download that ASAP. Have you played it?

YellerDog - I forgot about that one. More fun that the screenshot lets on!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. I like the SSX series, and the original 1080.

8. That Val D'Isere game ran too fast for my own good.
    Steep Slope Sliders->1080->SSX Tricky->Amped 3.
    Nothing has topped Amped 3.

9. I never had SSS, heard good things about it back in the day. I agree with SSJN, Val D'Isere is too fast, it is more of a racing game than a snowboarding game.